Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times !

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #1  

amarsh64

Silver Member
Tractor
LS G3033H TLB Husqvarna YTH1942
I have been saving my pennies since last fall for this wood chipper. I like to have most of the money ready for purchases this size . I don't like bills.
Anyway I have been following Woodland Mills lead times and it was August 31 ship date on the WC68 6″ PTO Wood Chipper . Got up this morning and said to myself " today is the day" . Went online and now the ship date is September 30 :-(
Sooooo , I sulked for a few minutes and then ordered my chipper. There will be lots to do when it gets here lol.

wc68-image-2018-3.jpg

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #2  
Like everything else, shipping times just keep extending. theres a shortage of everything. Even sheets of steel are in short supply. Getting pretty tiring.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #3  
Only going to get worse before it gets better and the end user prices will continue to rise as well. Called inflation.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #4  
I have been saving my pennies since last fall for this wood chipper. I like to have most of the money ready for purchases this size . I don't like bills.
Anyway I have been following Woodland Mills lead times and it was August 31 ship date on the WC68 6″ PTO Wood Chipper . Got up this morning and said to myself " today is the day" . Went online and now the ship date is September 30 :-(
Sooooo , I sulked for a few minutes and then ordered my chipper. There will be lots to do when it gets here lol.

View attachment 697862
Most likely some of the components are on the Ever Given container ship that is sequestered in Bitter Lake on the Suez canal....lol

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #5  
Most likely some of the components are on the Ever Given container ship that is sequestered in Bitter Lake on the Suez canal....lol

That's sort of funny but not likely, it's whole lot easier and also shorter shipping across the Pacific!

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #6  
Only meant in jest anyway. I'm sure however that Woodland Mills uses some China sourced components and everything is being delayed.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #7  
The Ryobi ZT battery machine is on back order. Expected delivery now is June 2.

Chlorine tabs are in short supply, not available anywhere. Luckily, we have about a month's supply. Hopefully, the 2 remaining plants will have cranked up by then.

Got our WC46 last fall in less than a week's time.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #8  

View attachment 697862
Wow! I ordered my WC68 1/24/21 and received it 1/29/21.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #9  
Shipping from China is backed up, in part due to a shortage of containers. Early on during Covid shippers abandoned a lot of containers in Africa and other places where it's uneconomical to fetch them. The container factories are trying to make up the shortage but they don't have enough extra capacity.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #10  
Did you consider the 88? Maybe not as poplar so less lead time, a few hundred more though. I should sell mine as I’m not using it near as much as I thought, but when I do, it is fun :)