Woods paint color match

/ Woods paint color match #1  

Threepoint

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150HST w/ LA350 loader, Kubota GF1800 HST, Kioti CK3510SE HST w/ KL4030 loader, Kioti NX4510HST/cab w/ KL6010 loader
I recently needed to prime and repaint some areas on a Woods HBL84-2 rear blade. Rather than having Woods OEM paint shipped in, I found a very good match in rattle cans at TSC. I'm posting this in case others have a similar need. It's Case Power Yellow 8-22983 by Majic. See pic.

Attachments

• Woods Implement Color Match.jpg
    Woods Implement Color Match.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 2,959
   / Woods paint color match #2  
Thanks - our Woods BH is painted NH Blue - was that way when we got the tractor

/ Woods paint color match
Ahh, yes. Guess I should have said Woods' stock "Burnt Orange" color. :laughing:

/ Woods paint color match #4  
Thanks for the tip. I have some woods equipment thats in bad need of painting, more than a touch up though. I'd have to get the pint size can probably. Most of the time I just use some dull primer to keep the rust away and stuff looks awful with all the dents and dings when you use a glossy paint. The primer seems to hide some of the dings.:)

I use some of TSC's paint and use the hardener with it. It will never dry without the hardener enough to suit me you can scratch it off with your finger nail even after a few days? I take it it's not that good of paint but cheap enough just to keep rust away.

I'll check next time I'm there to see if they have that color in the quart/pint cans. It won't be as good of paint as the "Majik" brand but for my junk it'll be fine.

/ Woods paint color match #5  
This was a great match for my 30 yr old Woods LR72 york rake. Its been modified over the years and of course bent two ways, but functional. Tines had worn from 27 to 24 inches. Welder fixed the bent angle ($700 new) assembly horizontally, but not vertically for $80, which is a small issue when installing new tines. New tines $300 for 36. Bolts, $75. For less than $500, it will most likely outlive me if I m more careful with wheel supports removed.

Attachments

• rake.jpg
    rake.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 219
  • rake1.jpg
    rake1.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 208
  • newrake.jpg
    newrake.jpg
    733.3 KB · Views: 235
  • newer.jpg
    newer.jpg