Worksaver Electric Grapple

/ Worksaver Electric Grapple #21  
I must say the switch and mount they offer for the loader joystick is about the tackiest I've seen.

Screenshot_20200223-191536_Chrome.jpg

/ Worksaver Electric Grapple #22  
Looks like a great alternative to me. 1000lbs force seems like plenty until you get on the big stuff. Most grapples I have seen have been on tractors under 60hp.

/ Worksaver Electric Grapple #23  
This is Worksaver's warranty, model # ESCG-48S listed below, and also a link to the complete manual for this electric grapple operator's manual, pay attention to the Bold Blue print at the bottom:

LIMITED WARRANTY
Worksaver warrants to the original purchaser of any new Electric Grapple Rake (Models ESCG-48S and
ESCG-48JD), that the grapple frame and clamp be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period
of twelve (12) months for non-commercial, state, and municipalities. The electric actuator is warranted for
six (6) months. Use sixty (60) days for commercial use from date of retail sale.
NOTICE! Installing the Sub-Compact Tractor Model Electric Grapple Rakes on tractors with over 32 hp
(engine) or on skid steer power units voids all warranty.
Replacement or repair parts installed in the equipment covered by this warranty are warranted for sixty (60)
days from the date of purchase of such part or to the expiration of the applicable new equipment warranty
period, whichever occurs later.
Such parts shall be provided at no cost to the user during regular working hours. Worksaver reserves the right
to inspect any equipment or parts which are claimed to have been defective in material or workmanship.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES & CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
Worksaver’s obligation under this warranty, to the extent allowed by law, is in lieu of all warranties, implied or
expressed, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and any liability
for incidental and consequential damages with respect to the sale or use of the items warranted. Such
incidental and consequential damages shall include but not be limited to: transportation charges other than
normal freight charges; cost of installation other than cost approved by Worksaver; duty; taxes; charges for
normal service or adjustments; loss of crops or any other loss of income; rental of substitute equipment,
expenses due to loss, damage, detention or delay in the delivery of equipment or parts resulting from acts
beyond the control of Worksaver.
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY:
1. To vendor items which carry their own warranties, such as tires and tubes.
2. If the unit has been subjected to misapplication, abuse, misuse, negligence, fire or other accident.
3. If parts not made or supplied by Worksaver have been used in connection with the unit, if, in sole judgement
of Worksaver such use affects its performance, stability, or reliability.
4. If the unit has been altered or repaired outside of an authorized Worksaver dealership in a manner which,
in the sole judgement of Worksaver affects its performance, stability or reliability.
5. To normal maintenance service and normal replacement items such as gearbox lubricant, hydraulic fluid,
worn blades, or to normal deterioration of such things as belts and exterior finish, due to use or exposure.
6. To expendable or wear items such as teeth, chains, sprockets, belts, springs and other items that in the
company’s sole judgement is a wear item.
NO EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF WORKSAVER IS AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE THIS WARRANTY IN
ANY WAY OR GRANT ANY OTHER WARRANTY UNLESS SUCH CHANGE IS MADE IN WRITING AND SIGNED
BY WORKSAVER’S SERVICE MANAGER, POST OFFICE BOX 100, LITCHFIELD, ILLINOIS 62056-0100.

And here is the link to their Owner's/Operator's Manual:

https://www.worksaver.com/images/ma..._Sub-Compact_Tractor_Front_Loaders_Manual.pdf

Also here is a link to their literature of this item:

https://www.worksaver.com/images/literature/Electric_Grapple_Flyer.pdf

They state that "The electric actuator can draw 30 amps" and no where is any written claim of 1000 pounds of force...

I think this grapple needs some operational use with feedback for a while, as they only warranty the electric actuator for 6 months/60 days commercial use.

KC

/ Worksaver Electric Grapple
   / Worksaver Electric Grapple #26  
And consider my SCUT has only small battery (433 CCA) and 40 amp alternator.... Think strenuous use is going to blow out tractors electrical system,... Can see need for bigger battery and maybe upgrade to 100 amp alternator... And at 247 pounds it severely cuts lift capabilities of my GC 1715... And it requires SSQA plate and not any ability be able to added (grapple only) to FEL bucket....

Think a inventive person with some welding skills could make a more practical (FEL mount) unit for a for less...

Amazon.com: 5 to 1599 Pounds - Linear Motion Actuators / Linear Motion Products: Industrial & Scientific

Dale

Ok, I found another video of this thing, he installs it and does a dry run with it in his garage. Also has the Brush Crusher on there, which is a mechanical grapple.

Disclaimer, this is one of them paid vids (to avoid the controversy on THAT thread, you know which one haha).

...and he field tests them:

/ Worksaver Electric Grapple #29  
When they all get hungry, that law will go by the way. NO WAY a battery powered tractor can work hundreds of acres of ground. Battery power might be usable for a truck patch 1-5 acre parcel. Regardless of what the greenies would like you to think, most electric powered vehicles are not carbon neutral or pollution free. Most generator stations still use hydro-carbon fuel to generate electricity. I dont think we could ever produce enough electricity for 100% of the population by using solar and wind or even wave technology to produce electricity.
Since European countries already dont allow gasoline, then outlawing diesel would only leave them with electric. Lots of infrastructure would need to be developed prior to this happening. Rather than just buying everyone an electric vehicle, it would take years to turn all the fossil burners to electric. Most folks dont take kindly to forcing them to junk a perfectly good vehicle and then buy an outrageously expensive alternative. Electric companies are going to insist that they get compensated for their expense which means much higher utility rates.

Good luck to the Kalifornia state with their already enormous taxation.

We wouldn't be able to produce it and the grid surely won't be able to handle it. We would need some serious restructuring of the infrastructure before we all went electric. With the amount of power that a tractor needs just needs to run a bush hog let alone a combine, haybine, manure spreader, ect. There is no battery pack that would last long enough to put in 12 hours of work day in and day out. Not to mention the amount of electricity needed to charge those packs.

That is a pipe dream at best and if they sign that into law, it will be just as bad as New York's bail reform.

/ Worksaver Electric Grapple #30  
Oh man, no way, that is stupid looking!
I have one on my JD3025E and it works great... Lots of down trees to move and old brush! However, the thumb switch is starting to stick, which is likely to wear out the electric actuator... So I turned it in on my warranty to see what they will do.