Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors?

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #1  

skikir

Tractor
LS MT125
I'm sure I know the answer but it never hurts to ask. Since the New Holland Workmaster 25s is a rebadged LS MT125 would LS pay New Holland to perform warranty service on an MT125? I'm sure if New Holland performs warranty service on a Workmaster they would charge back to LS. So why not have New Holland do warranty work on an LS?

I problem here is I snapped off the rear PTO shaft on my MT125. I'm not really sure how that happened. But the dealer I bought it from is 70 miles away and they are more of a motorcycle dealer with tractors as a side line. They are telling me to expect two to three months turn around for repairs! I have a New Holland dealer here in town they probably are better and faster at repairing tractors.

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #2  
Unless the dealer sells that brand, I would highly doubt they are allowed (or want) to do warranty repairs.

Can a Chevy dealer do warranty work on a Cadillac?

MoKelly

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #3  
2 - 3 months, wow!
I'd just call your local NH dealership and ask.
Maybe call LS corporate too, and see if there is an "Authorized Repair Facility" closer to you as well, that can do warranty work.

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #4  
Yep. Call them and ask.
But I doubt they will. You never know.
Keep us advised though.

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #5  
I'm sure I know the answer but it never hurts to ask. Since the New Holland Workmaster 25s is a rebadged LS MT125 would LS pay New Holland to perform warranty service on an MT125? I'm sure if New Holland performs warranty service on a Workmaster they would charge back to LS. So why not have New Holland do warranty work on an LS?

I problem here is I snapped off the rear PTO shaft on my MT125. I'm not really sure how that happened. But the dealer I bought it from is 70 miles away and they are more of a motorcycle dealer with tractors as a side line. They are telling me to expect two to three months turn around for repairs! I have a New Holland dealer here in town they probably are better and faster at repairing tractors.
You certainly can ask,.....but I would be very embarrassed to do so!

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #6  
Might have had a PTO shaft that was too long, got in a bind and broke the tractor output shaft. Make sure you have a warrantable repair before you stress about the wait time. Most tractor output shaft failures are caused by implement stress of one kind or another.

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #7  
What PTO work were you doing and what implement?

New Holland would repair it, cause they can get the parts readily, but no way would it be warranty.

/ Would New Holland do Warranty service on LS tractors? #8  
Tractor manufacturers limit dealer warranty reimbursements for both parts and labor so warranty repairs are minimally profitable to the dealer. Spring is the busiest season for tractor sales and tractor repairs, so warranty repairs are a low priority.

I snapped off the rear PTO shaft on my MT125. I'm not really sure how that happened.

(Unlike car and trucks) tractor manufacturers classify many repairs as 'operator error' not subject to repair under warranty. Bear this in mind. (Ask me how I know.)