Would you return a defective $2.99 item?

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I would and did. With tax it was $3.16.
I needed packing tape to hold a 30lb box together for return shipping, and bought a roll of duct tape at the local surplus/salvage store. (Mardens. to any Maine residents) It was "Military approved, 200 mph tape, Made in USA". I got out to the truck and discovered there was virtually no adhesive. After ripping off several feet trying to get to the mother lode I went back inside to the service desk and asked for a refund. The clerk argued that there was indeed some adhesive, so I stuck it onto the plexiglass barrier where it promptly fell onto the floor. He agreed to give me a refund but since he was about to go on his lunch break somebody else took over. I had the change I'd received from paying with a 5 dollar bill on the counter, but she said she had to give me the exact amount. :confused: So for my $3.16 purchase I received $3.15 back... I learned a long time ago not to argue over a penny.
People tell me that doing so makes me seem cheap... I still don't understand what their point is.

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item?
PS: I still miss some of the old TBN gifs...

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #3  
I would have been there till I got the penny. Its the principle of the matter.

I would have been there till I got the penny. Its the principle of the matter.
I once spent 20 minutes arguing over 60 cents at the grocery store, before I gave up because the clerk didn't care and she was there for 4 more hours regardless. The sad part was that a week later I had to go to the same grocery store again; five miles down the road I realized that the same clerk gave me $10.00 too much. It just about killed me, but I turned around and gave it back.

That's the down side of dealing with local business rather than the conglomerates; while the latter doesn't care, at least they have somebody there to take your complaint.

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #5  
Everyone knows you don't use duct tape for packing tape on shipping boxes.

Adhesive or not.

:rolleyes:

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #6  
Yea, I would have thought the PO would have refused it!

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #7  
Yes, I would return a defective item, even if it was a dollar! I might not make a 'special trip' to do so, but the next time I would be in that store or in the close area, it would be going back.

Just did it on a couple of pizzas.... they were not made correctly to our order. Bad on me for not checking them (we get pizzas from this place very frequently and they have always been great!). Anyway, after getting them home and opening the boxes.... well it was a shock!

So called the place up, told them what was wrong, and there will be 2 free pizzas for us next time we go.

I am a firm believer in getting what I pay for!

Yea, I would have thought the PO would have refused it!
It was UPS. I was returning a 30 lb Chinese knockoff of the Wyett-Scott comealong. I dropped it off at their store. They also advertise they do "packaging" so I expected them to tell me if there was a problem. She was clueless, hopefully it will get where it's going.

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #9  
Sorry, but it appears she isnt the only one that was "clueless"......

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #10  
“These things are defective”

tumblr_lvdzkx6eRU1r6ki7xo1_400.gif