WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style

josiahgarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, BCS 853
I recently received my WR Long 3rd Function Kit and realized it has the ag connectors rather than the flat faced style. I think I'd prefer that style since I already have an attachment with that style and it's worked well when I've used it on a skid steer.

How easy is it to switch the ag connectors out for the flat faced style and does anyone know what parts I would need?

Thanks for your help.

homesteader13

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1755M. John Deere 420-c
I actually have a couple of brand new pairs of flat face connectors that I was going to sell because some of the implements that I ordered came with them and I use all ag connectors on my setup.
They should all be half inch pipe threads and swap right out

OP
josiahgarber

josiahgarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, BCS 853
I actually have a couple of brand new pairs of flat face connectors that I was going to sell because some of the implements that I ordered came with them and I use all ag connectors on my setup.
They should all be half inch pipe threads and swap right out
Appreciate the offer. I actually found what I needed and already placed the order. So I supposed I have some brand new ag connectors if anyone wants them. :) Too bad we didn't find each other earlier.

OP
josiahgarber

josiahgarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, BCS 853
In case anyone orders the WR long 3rd function kit and needs to switch out for flat connectors, here's a link to what you need.

A set of Flat Face 1/2" Body Hydraulic Quick Connect Couplers 1/" NPT Thread.

In my case this was for a L4701, but I'm guessing it's the same for most compact tractors.

old and tired

Platinum Member
Tractor
L2800 hst
I think you can get them from W.R. Long with either style... have to ask about it. I would be surprised the dealer didn't swap them out for you.

OP
josiahgarber

josiahgarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, BCS 853
I think you can get them from W.R. Long with either style... have to ask about it. I would be surprised the dealer didn't swap them out for you.
Yes, I check today iwth W.R. long because I was curious. I think they said $80 extra to get the flat couplers. :) Guess I ended up saving money anyway by getting the wrong things. I'll just have a little time into it swapping them.

old and tired

Platinum Member
Tractor
L2800 hst
Is that $80 after the fact? I wonder if the unit was ordered with the correct Flat Face couplers, if it would still be $80 from the factory? Just wondered... don't need an answer :unsure:

OP
josiahgarber

josiahgarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, BCS 853
Is that $80 after the fact? I wonder if the unit was ordered with the correct Flat Face couplers, if it would still be $80 from the factory? Just wondered... don't need an answer :unsure:
I actually asked them what it would cost for the kit with the flat faced couplers and they said about $80 more.

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Forgot all the details after 15 years but I ordered WR Long's clam shell grapple and I didn't specify flat-faced couplers. It arrived with ag type. Called them and they mailed the flat-faced couplers to me right away and told me to return those ag type. Can't remember if I had to pay extra but do remember they were trusting and easy to work with.

OP
josiahgarber

josiahgarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, BCS 853
Forgot all the details after 15 years but I ordered WR Long's clam shell grapple and I didn't specify flat-faced couplers. It arrived with ag type. Called them and they mailed the flat-faced couplers to me right away and told me to return those ag type. Can't remember if I had to pay extra but do remember they were trusting and easy to work with.
Yea I should have told them I had ordered the wrong one. I've spoken with them on the phone several times and they've always been very helpful.