WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style

/ WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style #1  

josiahgarber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, BCS 853
I recently received my WR Long 3rd Function Kit and realized it has the ag connectors rather than the flat faced style. I think I'd prefer that style since I already have an attachment with that style and it's worked well when I've used it on a skid steer.

How easy is it to switch the ag connectors out for the flat faced style and does anyone know what parts I would need?

Thanks for your help.

/ WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style #2  
I actually have a couple of brand new pairs of flat face connectors that I was going to sell because some of the implements that I ordered came with them and I use all ag connectors on my setup.
They should all be half inch pipe threads and swap right out

/ WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style
I actually have a couple of brand new pairs of flat face connectors that I was going to sell because some of the implements that I ordered came with them and I use all ag connectors on my setup.
They should all be half inch pipe threads and swap right out
Appreciate the offer. I actually found what I needed and already placed the order. So I supposed I have some brand new ag connectors if anyone wants them. :) Too bad we didn't find each other earlier.

In case anyone orders the WR long 3rd function kit and needs to switch out for flat connectors, here's a link to what you need.

A set of Flat Face 1/2" Body Hydraulic Quick Connect Couplers 1/" NPT Thread.

In my case this was for a L4701, but I'm guessing it's the same for most compact tractors.

/ WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style #5  
I think you can get them from W.R. Long with either style... have to ask about it. I would be surprised the dealer didn't swap them out for you.

I think you can get them from W.R. Long with either style... have to ask about it. I would be surprised the dealer didn't swap them out for you.
Yes, I check today iwth W.R. long because I was curious. I think they said $80 extra to get the flat couplers. :) Guess I ended up saving money anyway by getting the wrong things. I'll just have a little time into it swapping them.

/ WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style #7  
Is that $80 after the fact? I wonder if the unit was ordered with the correct Flat Face couplers, if it would still be $80 from the factory? Just wondered... don't need an answer :unsure:

Is that $80 after the fact? I wonder if the unit was ordered with the correct Flat Face couplers, if it would still be $80 from the factory? Just wondered... don't need an answer :unsure:
I actually asked them what it would cost for the kit with the flat faced couplers and they said about $80 more.

/ WR Long 3rd Function Kit Hydraulic Coupler Style #9  
Forgot all the details after 15 years but I ordered WR Long's clam shell grapple and I didn't specify flat-faced couplers. It arrived with ag type. Called them and they mailed the flat-faced couplers to me right away and told me to return those ag type. Can't remember if I had to pay extra but do remember they were trusting and easy to work with.

Forgot all the details after 15 years but I ordered WR Long's clam shell grapple and I didn't specify flat-faced couplers. It arrived with ag type. Called them and they mailed the flat-faced couplers to me right away and told me to return those ag type. Can't remember if I had to pay extra but do remember they were trusting and easy to work with.
Yea I should have told them I had ordered the wrong one. I've spoken with them on the phone several times and they've always been very helpful.