Wrong size tube, now what to do?

/ Wrong size tube, now what to do? #1  

Deere Dude

Elite Member
Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I have a JD Garden Tractor that used a 18x8.50x8 front tubeless tire. It has two old plugs that are slightly leaking. I need to add air every other day. I bought a new tube on Amazon and came in today but the size I ordered was correct but I received a 18x8.50x9.50R8 with TR13 valve ( Whatever that means).

The question is, do I need to send it back and hope the numbers match up next time? I did plan on putting a new plug next to the old ones and cross my fingers and hope it seals. I just want a back up plan in case everything goes south on me.

/ Wrong size tube, now what to do? #3  
use the tube, it fits both 18x8.50-8 and 18x9.50-8 tire sizes.

/ Wrong size tube, now what to do? #4  
Use the tube but I found its really a poor band aide for a new tire. I have heard every reason that can come up to use tubes and really try not to if I can help it. It simply adds to the cost and cant plug them anymore.

/ Wrong size tube, now what to do? #5  
Since most tires these days are tubeless, inner tubes are getting to be a rare commodity.

Added to that most are offshore sourced and come with built in leakage.
Seems that offshore rubber is porous.

/ Wrong size tube, now what to do? #6  
2 tire stores I use for repairs use Korean tubes exclusively. No problems.

/ Wrong size tube, now what to do? #7  
The TR13 refers to the type of valve stem. Meaning it's short, rubber and for a 1/2" rim hole. There must be 20-30 different types. :rolleyes:

/ Wrong size tube, now what to do? #8  
Make sure the rim is smooth. Sometimes there are spot welds and a weld where the rim is put together. Smooth out any weld slag or buck shot. Tubes are the way to go.