XR Series 3pt Lift Control Friction

/ XR Series 3pt Lift Control Friction #1  

KP2654

Tractor
LS XR4150
Hello everyone. Has anyone else had an issue with the 3pt lift lever "creeping down" while the tractor is running? If so, how did you solve it? I can't find a location to tighten/adjust the friction in the lift control linkage. Result of this is that fully raised implements slowly drop without any input from me. This is only an issue while the tractor is running. Tractor is an XR4150 ROPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ XR Series 3pt Lift Control Friction #2  
Have you looked at the bottom of the 3 pt lever? On most tractors, there is a spring that applies pressure to the friction discs. There is also two studs that allows you to adjust the pressure of this spring and there from increase/decrease the friction.

/ XR Series 3pt Lift Control Friction
I have looked, and unless I am blind, it isn't there.

/ XR Series 3pt Lift Control Friction #4  
I found a parts manual and looks like on that tractor, the lever connects to a cable and then the other end of cable connects to the 3 pt valve and there is where these springs and frictions are. Just make sure you adjust the same distance on all the studs.

This should be visible looking from the back of the tractor and on the right side, hiding somewhere behind the rockshaft arms.

Part #9 are the springs and part #5 are the friction discs.
LS 3pt.png

/ XR Series 3pt Lift Control Friction
No cable on mine, since it is a ROPS model and not a cab model. I should have taken pictures when I had it apart. Had to remove the seat and a cover to get to the linkage.

/ XR Series 3pt Lift Control Friction #6  
I know you said your tractor is a ROPS model. I am referencing the service manual for the XR4100 series, which covers both ROPS and Cab versions. It appears to be the same setup.
The linkage is under the seat, behind the tractor. If you have an external position control lever, that lever is tied directly into that linkage, that contains the friction plate. However, photos of your setup would be helpful.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 55