Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,371  
yesterday, 7/16 OSB at HD in Campbell, CA was $22.45 + 9.375% sales tax, or $24.55 each.

15/32 4-ply CDX plywood was $36.55, or $39.98 each, total. Ouch.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,372  
10.75% for the Governor 30 minutes up the road from you!!!

Try buying expensive items like tractors or vehicles in a cheaper tax rate area and they still charge you based on home address..

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,374  
Still looking for BCX sanded ply to come down, hopefully soon, for bee hive builds

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,375  
There was a gas station with very high double take prices... motorists would drive in and often leave.

The old guy wanted to retire and complaints to Corp learned dealers set price.

It became such an issue and PR problem the oil company bought the station... which many said was the end game...

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,379  
Osb is fine for it’s intended use. Sure it doesn’t hold up to water but if your roof is leaking any deck will be garbage soon. BTW osb is back down considerably. I just bought some for around $15 a sheet.
As long as it's intended purpose isn't for building things. There's a reason it's cheaper. It's not only **** with water, it's heavier and weaker. A buddy of mine had a house built. Paid a fortune. Stucco over osb. "but with proper waterproofing..." 7 years later it was shot. He had to have ALL the stucco removed and a good amount of the osb replaced and put vinyl siding on, to the tune of $150k. He sued the builder and the builders insurance covered most of it, but it was a nightmare.

There's no way to keep everything moisture proof forever. Even humidity affects things. Sure, plywood may not last forever but it'll last a hell of a lot longer than OSB. There's a reason brick buildings are still standing 100 years later. Maybe you're a bit long in the tooth but I still plan on hanging around a good while longer. And I want anything I build to not only last my lifetime, but my children's lifetime.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,380  
Bought at Lowes this week:

5, sheets 3/4 severe weather plywood $ 58
12, 2x8x12 salt treated $ 20
3, 4x6x12 ground contact $ 28

$ 650.00 with tax.

Don't know if I could have got better somewhere else but I cannot pout off building my shed any longer.

A friend of mine is getting me all my 2x4's and 2x6's delivered to me for right around $ 500. Shed is 12 x 12. He has a sawmill and cut a lot of big yellow pine last year. I know I am saving with him. He always treats me good. Plus tax free!!