Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #531  
Maybe it is time to buy a diy sawmill. We just don't have tall, straight trees around here much. Hmmmmm.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #532  

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #533  
Over across the rail tracks near our small town feed store is a place that does custom machinery and cutting. Once or twice a month, a bin is put near the curb that says FREE, just don't take the bin. It's loaded with the wood cut-offs from boards that are used to make custom decks!

With that said, DW came home with ample amount of 20-inch or less segments. WIN-WIN. Already stained and perfect cuts. Filled the trunk!

Hardly see pallets anymore in the FREE section of CList. And what is there is old weathered junk ones. And what pallets one would find on the curb side in the local industrial park have not been there in almost a year.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #535  
Well - a 2x4 ain’t actually ever been 2x4.

MoKelly
I recall taking down the remains of an old house built in the 1800s and the studs were larger than today's 2x4s. If they were actually 2"x4", I do not know. I recall square nails.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #536  
A 2x4 will still be a 2x4. But they will change it from inches to centimeters.

:(

Bruce

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #537  
I haven't have any real projects lately dealing with lumber but I did need to buy some common boards yesterday for shelving. 1x10x10' and 1x12x8' were around $22 each at Lowes.
Went to Home Depot last week to check some lumber prices. A 1x12x8' pine board, with knots was $44. Red oak, clear, same size: $104. Per stick, including 9% sales tax. At least they were in stock.

No redwood fence boards in stock.

Wow.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
Went to Home Depot last week to check some lumber prices.

No redwood fence boards in stock.
Weird how it's so regional. My store had several pallets of dog eared fence boards/pickets, treated pine, cedar and redwood, all under $6/ea.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #539  
Expensive might seem okay. Our hardware store which is our lumber source, burned to the ground a few days ago. So at least you have expensive lumber versus none.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #540  
Weird how it's so regional. My store had several pallets of dog eared fence boards/pickets, treated pine, cedar and redwood, all under $6/ea.

Thanks for telling us what the price is on a hill.