Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #611  
A friend said she sold a house the other day for $50,000 over the asking price. Put it on the market and had 7 people try to buy it. They started bidding on it.
Said the bank had two houses over 1/2 million that were being built and is over 1/2 finished. The owners can not get any additional money, the contractor is being held up and the bank can not get paid. Not sure what will happen. He said that he was told that both houses would now be $100,000 over budget.
Great opportunity for an escalation clause
I sold my moms house after she passed and we had 3 people in a war over it. Made an extra 44,000 on the escalation clause alone.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
One thing I'm still not sure of .....

Are steel stud/framed homes stronger than wood framed homes in violent winds? Have we seen pictures of tornado or hurricane stricken areas where steel framed homes survived, or sustained less damage than wood framed homes? If so, are home insurance rates significantly lower?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #613  
My property taxes are $12,000 a year, much higher than the average bear around here. And yes, those taxes pay for services others enjoy more than I benefit. No complaints here.

Yep.

Given the nice price increase in homes this year the property taxes will be increasing next year.

MoKelly

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #614  
One thing I'm still not sure of .....

Are steel stud/framed homes stronger than wood framed homes in violent winds? Have we seen pictures of tornado or hurricane stricken areas where steel framed homes survived, or sustained less damage than wood framed homes? If so, are home insurance rates significantly lower?
I was going to build with steel, like commercial. Framing kit About 3x the material costs and requires specialized const methods.

Good thing i went with wood, it's only up 250%.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #615  
..........zip.................. but the world is literally burning and.................zip......................

Relax deezler, the word is not burning!

It takes awhile, but watching little less network news BS etc. helps.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #616  
Relax deezler, the word is not burning!

It takes awhile, but watching little less network news BS etc. helps.
I guess you don't have any friends or family in California, eh. It was a f&*(ng hellscape all summer long. And our air quality across the entire country suffered noticeably too, as a result. Over 4 million acres burned just in that one state alone.

Nonetheless, good point, I should have avoided using such a strong trigger word for any denialists to seize upon and thus completely ignore the rest of my argument.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #617  
I guess you don't have any friends or family in California, eh. It was a f&*(ng hellscape all summer long. And our air quality across the entire country suffered noticeably too, as a result. Over 4 million acres burned just in that one state alone.

Nonetheless, good point, I should have avoided using such a strong trigger word for any denialists to seize upon and thus completely ignore the rest of my argument.
Yep... it use to be always stayed close to home around the 4th...

Fireworks totally banned but for about 10 days it's non-stop.

Bottle Rockets have started a few fires in the area.

Ritual of Spring is weed whacking the Hillsides and I find right around April 15 optimal for my conditions.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #618  
Yep... it use to be always stayed close to home around the 4th...

Fireworks totally banned but for about 10 days it's non-stop.

Bottle Rockets have started a few fires in the area.

Ritual of Spring is weed whacking the Hillsides and I find right around April 15 optimal for my conditions.
I usually set a couple long hoses and spray nozzles out with the faucets on around the 4th of July. Since fireworks became legal here, they are everywhere for a few weeks before and a couple days after the 4th.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #619  

Forrest mismanagement and urban sprawl are not examples climate change.

I know wyoming's forest fires were due to the FS not being able to remove dead pine beetle trees. The sierra club sued the FS for wanting to cut down dead trees. It took 10 years to develop a plan for removal, but mother nature dosen't wait for Sierra Club lawsuits to make their way through court and took care of the problem. The hatred for the Sierra Club increased ten fold after the fires. They literally got chased out of Wyoming after seeing what their agenda really does.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
Fire at a gold mine:

Fire crews battling blaze at Berry Brothers Lumber Company in Adams

www.nny360.com.ico
NNY360|4 hours ago

Crews are currently on scene of a fire at Berry Brothers Lumber Co. on Route 11. Smoke was visible from Watertown as most fire departments in southern Jefferson County were dispatched to the lumber company for a working fire.