Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #651  
I'm glad I built this in May/June 2020 and not this spring ... yikes ...

- James

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #653  
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #654  
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #655  
For what it's worth, we typically run our treating plants 24/7 but have had to shut down here and there lately because we're having trouble getting the white lumber. I haven't had to treat the past 3 weekends. We typically won't have 3 weekends out of the whole year it doesn't run.

Last edited:
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #656  
I'm glad I built this in May/June 2020 and not this spring ... yikes ...

- James

Great looking garden!! I am in the same boat. Built my shop last summer, ordered material in May. Had to BEG the truss guys to get me my trusses delivered. That is RIGHT when the bottom fell out. By July when I ordered my roof plywood it had gone up by $15/sheet. Feeling lucky!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #657  
That's not a lot of lumber. The trains run at night now so people don't see them but they often will have 3 or more cars loaded with lumber. That's every day. Then that lumber gets sent all across the east coast. If anything there's a problem finding the trucks to keep it moving. Now if there were hundreds or even thousands of places like that then, ok, maybe.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #658  
That's not a lot of lumber. The trains run at night now so people don't see them but they often will have 3 or more cars loaded with lumber. That's every day. Then that lumber gets sent all across the east coast. If anything there's a problem finding the trucks to keep it moving. Now if there were hundreds or even thousands of places like that then, ok, maybe.

I hear you about trucks. There is such a parts shortage right now on diesel parts for trucks and for Ag. It's nearly unobtainable. A relative mentioned that his trucking company is getting low on running available trucks in the fleet because of dire part shortages to keep them on the road.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #659  
For what it's worth, we typically run our treating plants 24/7 but have had to shut down here and there because we're having trouble getting the white lumber. I haven't had to treat the past 3 weekends. We typically won't have 3 weekends out of the whole year it doesn't run.
You should change your screen name to" .40 Retention..... :p

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #660  
A few days ago when I went to town I saw a train headed east with about 30 carloads of lumber.

Bruce