Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #661  
This is your lumber, and it is blocking the road my lumber needs.

:)

lumber-stuck.jpg

Bruce

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #662  
That's not a lot of lumber. The trains run at night now so people don't see them but they often will have 3 or more cars loaded with lumber. That's every day. Then that lumber gets sent all across the east coast. If anything there's a problem finding the trucks to keep it moving. Now if there were hundreds or even thousands of places like that then, ok, maybe.
I mentioned in a previous post. I bought my tree farm from a guy who's been logging his whole life. He says they can't get drivers either to haul the wood out or deliver it.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #663  
Copper rose as much as 1.5% to US$10,246.50 on the London Metal Exchange before trading at US$10,226.50 by 2:36pm in Hong Kong. Prices are up more than 30% this year and have more than doubled from lows in March of last year.

It’s not just copper. Steel prices across Asia and North America are booming, iron ore is at a record above US$200 a ton as miners struggle to keep up with the frenzied pace of consumption, and tin topped US$30,000 for the first time in a decade. The Bloomberg Commodity Spot Index jumped to its highest since 2011 as growth bets boost demand, while poor weather hurts crop prospects and transportation bottlenecks crimp supplies.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #664  
Corn is pushing $7.50. That is up from $4.00 from late last year. Great for corn farmers, tough on feed users and ethanol producers. Each of those use about 40% of the crop. Feed users can’t pass that cost along in the short to mid term. (Beef, pork, poultry). China has increased their purchases of corn.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #666  
^^^ that is a good article.

Sounds like a perfect storm

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #667  
Soooooo, why all the inflation?
’cause a Covid???
or????

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #670  
$27.95 for 2x10-10' PT
$31.95 for 2x10-12' PT

All #2. Bought 12 of each. Pretty much junk. Picked through the best with my XL hands and still wasnt happy.