Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #681  
Buddy and myself went to the mill to get some 4/4 poplar #1 faceboards.
Manager said they cant keep it in stock because all the builders are using it for sheeting and subfloor.
250,000 board feet was gone in two days. He has another 200,000 bf in the dryer now.
We put in an order for 500 bf at $1.75 per. Its gone up about .25 cents since the covid.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #682  
Buddy and myself went to the mill to get some 4/4 poplar #1 faceboards.
Manager said they cant keep it in stock because all the builders are using it for sheeting and subfloor.
250,000 board feet was gone in two days. He has another 200,000 bf in the dryer now.
We put in an order for 500 bf at $1.75 per. Its gone up about .25 cents since the covid.

With that sort of demand, it’s surprising pricing isn’t going up even higher.

MoKelly

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #683  
Friday, May 7, 2021, Home Depot: 7/16 OSB, 4x8 sheet was about $70, with sales tax.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #687  
1621211315714.png

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #688  
A friend in Ontario Canada got a quote from a contractor to build a basic 1900 sq. ft. bungalow on property he already owns, and it was 900K, and a 2 year wait time. Crazy, crazy times. I drove past a couple small towns south of Ottawa a few weeks ago, and new subdivisions are going up like crazy. Very hard to understand why people keep, at crazy inflated prices. Must be some type of virus, attacking peoples few brains they got left.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #689  
Wow, I have quite a few lumber intensive projects coming up, and I have been known to get my lumber way ahead of time and let it sit there for quite some time until I am ready to use it. Sure glad I did it this time!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #690  
Very hard to understand why people keep, at crazy inflated prices. Must be some type of virus, attacking peoples few brains they got left.
Lumber costs are only a part of the cost of a building. If you're getting older the equation changes to where an extra $30k or whatever is worth it because you get to enjoy the results for a significantly larger fraction of the time you have left.

Last edited: