Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #691  
Yes, it is not just lumber. Concrete and steel are up, too, but not as much. Many appliances are on back-order.

There are consequences for pay-to-stay-home govt policies and massive money-printing.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #692  
Home Depot here lists 7/16' OSB for 42.45; or 38.21 if you buy 64 05 more 1/2" plywood is 47.35. In both cases there's a limit of 90. limit 90.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #693  

Buddy of mine in distribution says breaks are coming.

But still, not seeing it yet.

ebt90xk.jpg

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #694  
What does "radiata" mean?

This is 3/4 plywood, a week ago, Campbell, CA (Silicon Valley). $78.73 for one sheet, incl sales tax.

I really like to see the regional differences in commodity prices.

Attachments

• three_quarter_ply.jpg
    three_quarter_ply.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 106
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #695  
Well, answered my own Q. Pinus Radiata is a local species of softwood, but seems to be the most popular farmed tree for pulp and lumber in the east. Woulda said, "Monterey Pine"

Last edited:
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
On January 20 of this year, I bought some 1" PVC conduit:

1-in x 10-ft Non-Metal Conduit Item #72770 Model #A52BA12H $4.93 /ea. QTY 4

I grabbed a couple of pieces last week not even thinking about price. They're now $10.28 EACH.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #697  
On January 20 of this year, I bought some 1" PVC conduit:

1-in x 10-ft Non-Metal Conduit Item #72770 Model #A52BA12H $4.93 /ea. QTY 4

I grabbed a couple of pieces last week not even thinking about price. They're now $10.28 EACH.

Yikes. That is steep.

I guess all suppliers want in on raising prices!

MoKelly

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #698  
This is about materials, so to speak....

The inspector told me, all i need to occupy my new house is

1 sink

1 toilet

1 tub/shower

heat (supplementary heat from air handler qualifies!)

and......

a functioning kitchen? that means you can cook.

I told him, son, you're married and I bet your wife does most the domestics, especially cooking. Nice kid. He hemmed and hawed but finally admitted, she does most the cooking.

I then told him, as a bachelor of 22 years, i do not cook, ever! I've been in this tin can camper for 13 months and have NEVER turned on the stove.

In my world, a microwave and fridge is the only appliance I will ever need.

Getting back to getting in......Lowe’s just called to tell me my shower faucets are back ordered, for weeks.

I guess I could cap one off, buy a cheap ( $150) faucet and then redo everything in a couple weeks but.......

At this point i don't even care. As i said, i'd sell this POS in a heartbeat. Bring me a buyer, I'll give you a $25k finders fee.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #699  
I am adding shelves to my garage. Decided to go with 3/4 plywood 16"x8', so 3 shelves per 4x8 sheet of plywood. 3/4" pine is $78. Oak and Maple are $56. Sanded poplar was $47 so my new shelves are nicer than those in my kitchen!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #700  
My brother went to buy some 2x4s 8 feet long. Recently $9, now almost $13 and they are No. 2s. Premium were not much higher. A small glass shower door, nearly $800. I really so not see how anyone can afford to build a new home right now, wiring etc. is also terrible in price.