Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #821  
I goozled a Mason jar of hummingbird food thinking it was kool-ade. Man than was sweet!
"Red Bull gives you wings". Now I know what Red Bull is made of and why they use that slogan!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #822  
1623927114694.png

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #823  
Nice load of wood there.

On my dad's place, I remember grinding the chain, cutting the chipper off something like two links then skip one, repeat. Being careful not to rock up on the saw and getting off the guide. Stack the lumber on sticks, made a tent out of clear plastic and oriented the open ends to the breeze. Old blue homelite that would vibrate so much it would almost make you vision blurry, kind of hard on the hands after a while, but it would tear up the wood pretty fast.
My dad had that old blue Homelite XL10, and it ran for 50 years.
I sold it on E-Bay, advertised as "not running", for $75 to a woman who said her husband was delighted, and could fix it.
Kinda heavy at 12 pounds, but a fantastic saw over the years.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #824  
I must be on a mailing list from the building material co I bought my trusses and framing package from.

I received this yesterday.

Team,

Many of our customers are inquiring about the dramatic drop in the lumber market last week. To put it into prospective, any lumber purchased last week would not be here until mid to late July. We are selling materials today purchased in May.

New cost in the market are not reflected instantaneously.

seems to me the increases are "reflected immediately"

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #825  
All the home centers around here, Kent, HD, Rona, Home Hardware, have an unbelievable amount of lumber in their yards. So much so most of them are using their parking lots for overflow. I was at Kent yesterday and they had lifts upon lifts of lumber most of it stacked 2-3 lifts high, same at HD..............Mike

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #826  
All the home centers around here, Kent, HD, Rona, Home Hardware, have an unbelievable amount of lumber in their yards. So much so most of them are using their parking lots for overflow. I was at Kent yesterday and they had lifts upon lifts of lumber most of it stacked 2-3 lifts high, same at HD..............Mike
Where's around here?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #827  
Same here. There is a bunk of 2x4 people have picked through at 1$10/piece, then you look up and see 3 more bunks of 2x4 waiting to be taken down.

There is not a supply shortage.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #829  
seems to me the increases are "reflected immediately"
Same with oil and gas.. Oil goes up, gas goes up the very next day. Oil goes down, "It takes 3 months for that oil to be refined, we'll reduce prices then."

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #830  
Same here. Lowe's had 4 full rows in the parking lot filled with pressure treated while prices were still going up.