Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #982  
I would not fuss as much if the rates per thousand were reduced at the same time (which happened years ago). Now it seems to be justification to act as a drunk sailor and spend uncontrollably. What do the county and state need a 21% increase for? Really? Over $1K per month here with very little, if any, benefit.
Most of the towns around me are reassessing property values, so people's valuations are going up, HOWEVER they must adjust the millage rate to keep the total tax revenue do within ~2% (NY sends each a number and their budget cannot increase by more than that number or they lose a bunch of tax breaks).
So, in many cases the value of the house is going up by 50-100k (especially in towns that havent done this recently), but the average out of pocket cost across the town should remain similar.

Aaron Z

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #983  
I heard about a house(mansion) that recently sold in AZ for $15 million and less than 24 hours later it was sold again for 17 million. A profit of 2 mil. in 24 hours before real estate and other fees.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #984  
Most of the towns around me are reassessing property values, so people's valuations are going up, HOWEVER they must adjust the millage rate to keep the total tax revenue do within ~2% (NY sends each a number and their budget cannot increase by more than that number or they lose a bunch of tax breaks).
So, in many cases the value of the house is going up by 50-100k (especially in towns that havent done this recently), but the average out of pocket cost across the town should remain similar.

Aaron Z
I wish they had to reduce the rates here when they increase the value. My taxes went up 21% in one year.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #985  
Free here. Come and pick up a truck load.
I tried, but ended up "There" instead of "Somewhere." (as per your signature. ;) )

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #986  
I tried, but ended up "There" instead of "Somewhere." (as per your signature. ;) )
Maybe he'll ship them free due to your effort.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #988  
I wish they had to reduce the rates here when they increase the value. My taxes went up 21% in one year.
Ouch.
Individual rates could go up that much (ie: if your house was assessed for 75k based on when it last sold in the 1990s, they haven't reassessed since, but now its worth $200k), but the total town budget is limited to increasing by X% per year (generally under 2%).

Aaron Z

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
As of this morning, Lowes:

2 x 6 x 12 SPF $16.98

2 x 8 x 12 SYP $14.38

4 x 4 x 10 PT $15.98

2 x 8 x 12 PT $17.98
2 x 6 x 12 SPF $15.53

2 x 8 x 12 SYP $12.65

4 x 4 x 10 PT $14.27

2 x 8 x 12 PT $16.57

Progress?

Futures are up and down in the $640-650

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #990  
I could find any JB 20 cent* lumber. Anyone else able to? No one is cutin' lumber.

*up from 10 cent