Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,071  
Yep… I’ve been called dumb and worse…

Never applied for any assistance and even back in college many would work summer jobs and collect unemployment when school started.

Covid has really screwed things… Realtors putting in for unemployment between sales really boosting their bottom line and nurses asking to be laid off when there is a national shortage of nursing.

The months when my hours were cut from 40 a week to 25 is when it got crazy because I was throwing away “Free” money.

I backfilled my time with PTO and maintained my income…

Many employers deemed essential still have not been able to hire… I’m referring across the board such as grocery stores, cleaners, tree companies, etc.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
#1,072  
Oh well, may not be buying lumber for a while again, unless I can get what I need before this hits:

LUMBERCommodity

$772.00

+12.20

+1.61%

04:04:00 PM

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,073  
Was told by a friend that Lowe's expect the prices to go backup before the end of the year.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,074  
I think Lowe's buying habits drives the price changes.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,075  
246603865_10209716552946586_1896148760118020894_n.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

Well, despite lumber prices or not, long term we aim to be self sufficient here in NW MT.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,076  
The prices of lumber is delaying my house build on my newly purchased 22 acres. I am looking to start building maybe June 22.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,077  
I heard CA has to take down 10,000 sequoia trees. That should flood the market with wood! Sequoia is one of the most expensive wood on the market.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,078  
Redwood is cost prohibitive for most...

60 years ago grandfather built a redwood planter with untreated heart redwood and remains 100% solid...

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,079  
My parents have a redwood deck. Built in 1987. Just needing replacement now. Probably lasted 10 years longer than pressure treated decks in the area.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,080  
View attachment 665372This is the way it seems to always be.

I own a tree farm, loblolly trees, mature, engineered to grow up to be 2x4,s etc.

I’m so tired of the climate and the constant rain I’ve started to look into an escape plan. Anybody looking for a 55 acre tree farm with 2 foundations, it’s yours!

I called 3 timber brokers. Each one told me timber prices are way down. That was a month ago,

Kinda like when I bought my first house in 1980. Got a 14.5% FHA loan and though I was stealing money!

Now with a couple bucks in the bank, 0.0% interest.

They delivered 3000 sf of lumber Monday, in the middle of a hurricane. The driver was a saint! I had to drop 2 big dead pines and cut them into 10ft logs to build barges to set the lumber on. Around here, if you postpone anything, you get put in the back of the line and keep your mouth shut!

Has the climate changed?. Or is the globe getting warmer?
I’m a forester. I’ll take your tree farm off your hands.