Yanmar 2420D tires

/ Yanmar 2420D tires #1  

YM2420D

Tractor
Yanmar 2420D
Hello,

I have a yanmar 2420D that currently has 11.2-24 tires on the rear and 7-14 tires on the front. When doing a search I read that my tractor should have 6-14s on the front instead of the 7-14s (this is how I got it) I just ordered 7-14 since that is on there now and wanted to know it that's okay. I don't quit understand tractor sizing and number. I am under the impression that a 7-14 is just wider that a 6-14 but I'm not sure after more reading lol. Also my tractor is a 4wd model. Thanks for any help.

/ Yanmar 2420D tires #2  
Hello,

I have a yanmar 2420D that currently has 11.2-24 tires on the rear and 7-14 tires on the front. When doing a search I read that my tractor should have 6-14s on the front instead of the 7-14s (this is how I got it) I just ordered 7-14 since that is on there now and wanted to know it that's okay. I don't quit understand tractor sizing and number. I am under the impression that a 7-14 is just wider that a 6-14 but I'm not sure after more reading lol. Also my tractor is a 4wd model. Thanks for any help.
You have a Japan made Gray Market tractor. You will not get a good answer here in the Parts/Repair section. The Yanmar section will give you spot on advice and what works for your Gray Market machine.

Besides, your YM2420 is a 4WD. It has to have machine ratio tires, else the gears will wear out very prematurely. Lead and Lag calculations have to be done properly.

The rest can be answered by those in the Yanmar section as they have over 20+ years of wisdom over there. Or on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group with over 35+ years of wisdom for these Gray Market machines.

/ Yanmar 2420D tires #3  
The difference could be R1 vs R4 tires. Really all that matter is the overall diameter. Find that for the front/rear and compair. Its prob not an issue though.

/ Yanmar 2420D tires #4  
The difference could be R1 vs R4 tires. Really all that matter is the overall diameter. Find that for the front/rear and compair. Its prob not an issue though.
OP only has 2 posts and hasn't been back in 2 weeks. Not at all active enough on TBN.