Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor..

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #1  

topsaiilbye

Tractor
John Deere 325
is JD still using this engine in new models. Quiet? Smelly Diesel fuel exhaust? Thinking on a new model.

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #2  
Yes. Yes.

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #3  
The Yanmar Diesel is a great engine.. not ifs and butts about it.

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #4  
The smelly exhaust is not typical of Yanmar diesel, once warmed, of course.
My diesels are Shibaura, Mitsubishi and a couple of Yanmar 3TNMs {Polaris Ranger and a Ferris mower}

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #5  
Maybe one of the best engines on the planet in my opinion. Actually, I don't even own one anymore.

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #7  
As far as the Deere x7** tractors are concerned, they did change the Yanmar engine. Pre 2011 engines were 1116cc and 2011 and beyond are 904cc. The bigger engine weighed about 80lbs more too. We have 2 of the older ones in the family (x744 and x749) and they have been very good to us. :)

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #8  
The Yanmar gas engine like used in the 322 was a good engine (if not over heated). John deere has used Yanmar engines for a long time in other tractors.

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #9  
I have a 10 year old X748 with the smaller Yanmar engine. It’s bee totally to trouble free both mowing & snow blowing

Andy

/ Yanmar Diesel in Garden Tractor.. #10  
My '91 JD430 has a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel. Runs great at 1100 hours, and all I've ever done to it is change the glow plugs and the oil and air filters.