yanmar FD20 fuel cut off valve

/ yanmar FD20 fuel cut off valve #1  

charliewise

Tractor
yanmar f20d
Immensly stupid question -- I cant get my FD20 to start --- went in search of a fuel cut off valve in the injector - but see nothing obvious

Not obvious on wiring diagram - so WHAT STOPS THE TRACTOR WHEN I TURN THE KEY?? -- valve ligter calble was coiled up behind dash since before I had it --- I have also a random wirenot connected to starter switch that appears something to do with the glow plugs so dont know where to attach - it although glowplugs seem to work ok with out it!

/ yanmar FD20 fuel cut off valve #2  
Immensly stupid question -- I cant get my FD20 to start --- went in search of a fuel cut off valve in the injector - but see nothing obvious

Not obvious on wiring diagram - so WHAT STOPS THE TRACTOR WHEN I TURN THE KEY?? -- valve ligter calble was coiled up behind dash since before I had it --- I have also a random wirenot connected to starter switch that appears something to do with the glow plugs so dont know where to attach - it although glowplugs seem to work ok with out it!
You have a FD20 or a FX20? Two entirely different machines.
Yanmar makes the FD20 as a Komatsu FD20 forklift.
Yanmar makes the FX20 as a tractor.

/ yanmar FD20 fuel cut off valve
Hmm - revisited manual and is refers F20D along with all the F series and FX models p - compact tractor 3cl 4WD 24HP - is that helpful?

I have located the solenoid and a wire (red- hold on) may have been parted -- or I have damaged it when poking around -- all very brittle -- i would like to change the whole unit (eg-. Купить запчасть 129150-66800 от производителя YANMAR — XBOLT.RU) but am not optimistic about finding the part ---- there is a spring to the injector pump associated with this set up -- is there some way I could bypass the solenoid with some sort of cable operatign the spring ( i have no idea if the sprign relased is "fuel to pass" or " fuel to stop"!!! -- advice appreciated

/ yanmar FD20 fuel cut off valve #5  
The fuel cut off works when you turn the key on or off. A lot of times the wires get brittle or the main wire gets disconnected, as is the case with yours.
I would remove it (carefully) and clean it up real good, cut off the old wires and just splice new wires on. (a lot cheaper)

The fuel cut off works when you turn the key on or off. A lot of times the wires get brittle or the main wire gets disconnected, as is the case with yours.
I would remove it (carefully) and clean it up real good, cut off the old wires and just splice new wires on. (a lot cheaper)
Thanks you for this -- I will bench test the thing and see if it still operates -- worst case scenario -- any reason I cant rig a manual cut off (cable) -justlike the good old days -- presumably - lever froward is fuel flowing back is shut off ?

/ yanmar FD20 fuel cut off valve #7  
I would repair the one you have, a manual cable one sounds like a hassle.

I cant seem to get any respone from actuator on the bench - it seems likely solenoid is defunct - not sure what resistance readdings I should expect but there is zero continuity on the multimeter it appears --- Im not sure where I would source a replacement ----- certainly getting little enthusiasm this side of the water !!

/ yanmar FD20 fuel cut off valve #9  
Charlie,
Sometimes they get corroded inside the protective cover, after all this tractor came from a farm near the ocean, a LOT wd40 on the lever and spring side helps a lot.
If all fails take a wooden mallet and tap on the side of it, I had to do that to a few to make them work.
Its like a starter solenoid, sometimes you can tap them with a hammer and then they work.... :LOL:

If that doesn't work, we can try to help you locate another one.

Last edited:
Well theres a thing i never thought off --- Ill giove that a go , gladly, - watch this space - cheers