Yanmar tiller ID help

/ Yanmar tiller ID help #53  
No hole in my RS 1400 I can recall. This pic I had out had me thinking that my tiller was bigger that 48". The Tines was my guess. My Rear tires are 49" and you can clearly see the tiller is bigger. Or the Tine width is with No tire tracks. You look to be leaning back as if the Top link needs to be shorter. May not affect anything there though. But watch the PTO shaft alignment and keep it level or straight as possible.

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 109

Attachments

• Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 200
It apprears to be leaning back because the adapter for the quick connect adds about 4-5 " in length. I'm currently trying to modify the top link holes so I don't need the adapter. At the same time, I need to modify the rake and box scraper so all 3 implements will have the same top link to bottom pins length. Then changing tools will be a snap!

/ Yanmar tiller ID help #54  
For what it's worth, my tiller is plainly and originally marked RS1300N it measures appx 53-1/2" outside to outside of metal covering, It tills 51" (1300mm). It is gear driven, no chain. It also has the little opening on the back shown in your picture but has an internal cover attached with bolts and wing nuts. No idea what it might be for.

/ Yanmar tiller ID help #55  
Looking at a few old Pics. 48.25" is to small for a RS1400. My rear tires being 49' longest point shows that. And here another pic. of the 1400. The tine total width is in the mid to upper 50" looking at it. Here is a 1300 and the way the rear wheel mount looks different. no doubt about that. May look for a Ser.# on a Tine possibly?

Attachments

• Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 190

Attachments

• Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
  • DSCF2006[1] (224 x 155).jpg
    DSCF2006[1] (224 x 155).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 54
   / Yanmar tiller ID help #56  
This rear wheel Mount looks to be the same. RS1200 is what they call it. Had to make mounting brackets for a 3pt. like you QH...

Attachments

• RS 1200.jpg
    RS 1200.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 55
   / Yanmar tiller ID help #57  
Looking at a few old Pics. 48.25" is to small for a RS1400. My rear tires being 49' longest point shows that. And here another pic. of the 1400. The tine total width is in the mid to upper 50" looking at it. Here is a 1300 and the way the rear wheel mount looks different. no doubt about that. May look for a Ser.# on a Tine possibly?

Attachments

• Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 190
I've replaced the tines once. Got them from Hoye as I remember. There's a serial number on the gear end (23721T)

/ Yanmar tiller ID help #58  
,,, since the Yanmar logo marking and the color don't match up ... your tiller is difficult otherwise to identify.
20-some years ago and far away, in the PNW corner of the Left Coast (inside joke) an importer (not Ernie or Buck) posted a full photo series of the rebuilding process in 'his' rebuild facility with some 250 employees just north of Ho Chi Mihn City (Saigon).

This photo may resolve the mystery of the large unexpected Yanmar logo on this present tiller.

RebuildingTiller.jpg

Last edited:
   / Yanmar tiller ID help #59  
Figured that a Part # or Tine# would work!! I came up with a RS1200.

Attachments

• 23721T RS1200.jpg
    23721T RS1200.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 49
   / Yanmar tiller ID help #60  
20-some years ago and far away, in the PNW corner of the Left Coast (inside joke) an importer (not Ernie or Buck) posted a full photo series of the rebuilding process in 'his' rebuild facility with some 250 employees just north of Ho Chi Mihn City (Saigon).

This photo may resolve the mystery of the large unexpected Yanmar logo on this present tiller.

View attachment 749476
WOW, that is some really neat history. Look at all that new hardware being installed. :) That would be me on the left, ballcap, jeans and flipflops working on machinery in the garage.