Yanmar YM240, 240D Years Sold

/ Yanmar YM240, 240D Years Sold #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
justanotherjoe said:
light green Yanmar 240D (4WD) with same headlights as California's YM 240 so is it under 30 years old? The hour meter only measures to 999.9 hours before rolling over. Bought it with a small water leak from the block, that was 1500 hours ago.
The tractor seems fairly durable, so far.
This was posted in the 'Your Tractor's Age????' thread over in Buying/Pricing/Comparisons but I'll respond here so we don't clutter up that thread.

I've only seen one post of primary information on when these were sold. On another tractor board someone posted that he has a YM240 Serial Number about 10,965 and he bought the tractor new Spring 1981. I think he said June 1981.

My serial number is about 50 lower so I say mine is a 1980, but that is just a guess. When I bought it the seller was emphatic that it was 'early 80's, most likely 1981 or later' but he couldn't tell me how he came to that conclusion, and he owned it for only a year.

Mine is revision level 3 and the final revision they sold in the US was 4, with an external vertical air cleaner outside the left side of the hood. If anybody has any more information on when the 240's were sold, I and I presume Joe, would like to hear it.

seems pretty durable, so far.
That about says it all!

/ Yanmar YM240, 240D Years Sold #2  
1500 hours ago = so far ? Yup, I guess that says it.

Bruce

/ Yanmar YM240, 240D Years Sold #3  
California said:
This was posted in the 'Your Tractor's Age????' thread over in Buying/Pricing/Comparisons but I'll respond here so we don't clutter up that thread.

I've only seen one post of primary information on when these were sold. On another tractor board someone posted that he has a YM240 Serial Number about 10,965 and he bought the tractor new Spring 1981. I think he said June 1981.

My serial number is about 50 lower so I say mine is a 1980, but that is just a guess. When I bought it the seller was emphatic that it was 'early 80's, most likely 1981 or later' but he couldn't tell me how he came to that conclusion, and he owned it for only a year.

Mine is revision level 3 and the final revision they sold in the US was 4, with an external vertical air cleaner outside the left side of the hood. If anybody has any more information on when the 240's were sold, I and I presume Joe, would like to hear it.

That about says it all!

My Intertec tractor price book says the YM240 was sold in 1977 and the YM240D shows up in 1978. I also shows 1981 as the last year they were built.

Danny

/ Yanmar YM240, 240D Years Sold #4  
The serial number on my green 240D is 00566. If the FWD was a much later upgrade, it makes sense that there are far fewer of them than the green 2WDs.

/ Yanmar YM240, 240D Years Sold #5  
I have a light green Yanmar 240D Serial #00182. FWD with a loader for sale. Hydraulics and 3 point hitch all work well. Down side is that the engine block is cracked. I tracked down a bare block from Hoye Tractor for $965 + shipping if anyone is interested my email is:
BIGLITLEBRO@GMAIL.COM
I’m located in Northeast Pennsylvania.