YM2000D 3 pt lever wont stay up

/ YM2000D 3 pt lever wont stay up #1  

Fragumon

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000D
There is a detent at the top of the lever slot, but the lever wont move into the detent. There is also a little angled piece of metal at the top of the lever slot that is held on with two screws. I don't understand the purpose of this little piece of metal. The 3 pt raises and lowers fine and stays in the up position as long as you hold it there. But a soon as you let go the vibration causes the lever, and the 3pt, to drop. In other words, it wont hold position without having your hand on the lever . Also I looked at diagrams of the lever slot housing on other sites and they show the slot as being on the side of the housing, while the slot on mine is on the top of the housing. Any ideas?

/ YM2000D 3 pt lever wont stay up #2  
That style uses a couple disc springs and friction washers to maintain tension on the lever. You might be able to tighten up the tension on those springs by tightening the nuts at the end or might need to replace the friction washer.
1.JPG

/ YM2000D 3 pt lever wont stay up #3  
Tighten up the nuts to set friction pressure, had to do our YM2000 once for this. Haven't had problems in years with it after that.

/ YM2000D 3 pt lever wont stay up
Thanks . I will try that

That style uses a couple disc springs and friction washers to maintain tension on the lever. You might be able to tighten up the tension on those springs by tightening the nuts at the end or might need to replace the friction washer.
View attachment 707214
Do you carry those parts?

Also what is the purpose of part #25?

Also, I hate to be a pain, but where is this diagram on your site? When I look up parts for YM2000D on your site I get a different style of 3 pt lever, but mine looks like the one you posted

/ YM2000D 3 pt lever wont stay up #8  
I don't have that version's diagram on our website - only the older style. We should have those pieces in stock. I'm out of the office this week but our parts guys will be happy to help.