Yokohama Geolander AT tires.

/ Yokohama Geolander AT tires. #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
Just put a set of these on my F150. The factory tires were Goodyear Fortitudes. One of those tires from the factory that is not good at anything. I had a hole in one so I needed one new tire at the least, the spare was a full sized tire but a Pirelli. Why it was not another Goodyear I do not know. I had a little over 20,000 mikes on the Goodyears and said screw it, 4 new ones instead of one.

The Yokohamas? My first impression is a much softer ride, very noticeable improvement. They also ook like they will do better in the snow and from I have read on line that appears to be true. They would probably be a lot better off road too but I do not do a lot of that.

Factory tires, do they get a discount on these things? It always seems they are mediocre tires at best. I know the factory tires on my Dodge Challenger were crap also.

/ Yokohama Geolander AT tires. #2  
I'm trying the Yokohama Geolandar X-AT on my truck right now. So far I'm extremely happy with them in the rain and snow. They're also very stable on the highway with my 24' enclosed trailer and tractor inside.

/ Yokohama Geolander AT tires. #3  
I've had 4 sets of the Geolander AT on my Toyota 4Runner. They were great tires with low road noise, great traction, handle wet roads well, no flat tires and I always got good wear from them. Your X-AT look a little more aggressive.

/ Yokohama Geolander AT tires. #4  
I have had Geos on a Chevy Colorado, a 4 runner, my previous Ram 2500 and my current Ram 2500.

Compared to the tried and true BFG AT, they are hands down a winner. Ive gotten more miles out of a set, they have gotten me all over the UP of MI on roads that aren't really roads. They are fantastic in the snow. They aren't that expensive, either.

/ Yokohama Geolander AT tires.
Mine mounted a balanced were about $950.