You know you are getting old when:

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / You know you are getting old when: #2,531  
Quite a number of years ago, when I was on our volunteer fire department, we had a fund raiser that was wrestling matches. And like others here have said, 4 of the wrestlers who went at it as if they were trying to kill each other in the ring, arrived (and left) together in the same car.

And a number of you youngsters are talking about getting old . . . . well, today is my 80th birthday. And yep, I feel old, but I'm still getting around under my own power.

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,533  
Bird: happy birthday and that's one thing we share in common cause you were 16 when I was born in 1956 64 years ago today. Congrats on staying active!!

ALL: I might own 20+ tape 25 foot tape measures and the only one i used to be able to find was my bride's cause she always had it in the same spot. I used to wear tool belts around our house when doing a few simple projects just so i could have a spot to put the tape.

have a great day while the Seattle Drizzle continues here. my bride bought me this 4 years ago and it's still hanging in the kitchen. it could've been true then, but now it's 4 years off.

cheers

i'm 18 for the 42nd time (2).jpg

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,534  
Happy birthday Bird and Drivesitfar. My stepdad will be 81 in March and still blowing and going every day. He's the definition of workaholic. And in great shape.

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,535  
Happy Birthday Drivesitfar!

You might be getting old when...
...you own 27 pairs of glasses.

2 prescription glasses at work (one old, one new), plus cheater safety glasses.
I mostly use cheaters because at home I'm rough and they constantly get broke, scratched, dropped, flung, etc..
...there's 5 pair of (one-eared) broken dollar store cheaters (The Van Goghs :D) that I leave lying around in 3 rooms in case I can't find the other 20 pair of cheaters that are in every room, garage, tractor, barn, 3 vehicles, various jacket and shirt pockets, etc...

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,536  
My wife has the glasses issue. Mine is with tape measures and flashlights.

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,537  
My wife has the glasses issue. Mine is with tape measures and flashlights.

I have the cheaters all over the place, flashlights and lanterns all over, and a few tape measures also.. dang..

Happy birthday to Bird and Drive...

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,538  
That is about the time you are apt to forgetfully set down whatever you have with you, eyeglasses, keys, etc. and walk back to the house. Then you are really in trouble.

Repeat:
Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet and watch (while making the sign of the cross!)

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,539  
thanks for the well wishes!!

speaking of glasses my parent's eye doctor told me when i was 5 years old to make an appointment with him in 40 years as he gave both my younger twin sisters prescription glasses as 4 year olds. well about when I was 45 I started to buy the 3 pack of readers at Costco and even though the eye doctor there said i needed prescription glasses at about 58 cause i was using 250's and 300's i didn't get progressive glasses until 2 years ago when i was 62. dang if I haven't stubbed my toes more than a few times, but it's getting better. one bad habit I have is to use my prescription glasses as safety glasses cause my face shields are getting scratched up. I need to buy a new one.

my 40+ year old step sons gave me a little grief about wearing glasses until i handed them a $5 bill and had them read the state's names on the Lincoln Memorial. they looked like squiggly lines to both of them so I told them they might need to buy some readers so as i find my old ones laying around I'm putting them in a box to give them.

/ You know you are getting old when: #2,540  
Quite a number of years ago, when I was on our volunteer fire department, we had a fund raiser that was wrestling matches. And like others here have said, 4 of the wrestlers who went at it as if they were trying to kill each other in the ring, arrived (and left) together in the same car.

And a number of you youngsters are talking about getting old . . . . well, today is my 80th birthday. And yep, I feel old, but I'm still getting around under my own power.

Congrats, welcome to the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.