Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #1  

TxMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
2020 Kubota MX5400 HST, ROPS, 2020 Kubota RTV 900, 2020 Kubota RTV 500(wifeç—´ ride),
Looking at brush grubber and brush grubber terme to remove small trees in 4 to 6 inch diameter range. They seem pricey for what you get, curious if they do the job intended. If you know of a competitor or you have developed your own method, would be interested to hear your experience.
Will be using my Kubota MX5400 so should have plenty of weight and power to pull.

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #2  
I have one of the original grubbers and IMO it's an excellent product and works extremely well...I am not familiar with a model that is meant for trees etc. that are 6"...

One caveat is that it is much easier and much faster if you have a dedicated ground man to assist rather than constantly getting on and off the tractor etc...

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #3  
I bought two, seven years ago. The BG-13 to use for pulling prickly pear cactus by hand:

P2180026c.jpg
P2180027c.jpg

And the BG-20 rated up to 6" trees, using the V417:

P2180003 BG-20 6 inch.JPG

They both work well blue t u.png

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #4  
Used one many years ago and it worked well. Pulled up saplings to about 3" diameter with minimal mess.

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #5  
I think I've used it up to maybe 3" but larger stuff with better root system will just peel the bark as the spikes slip and/or come off.

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #7  
I've got one and also one of there clump grubbers I believe it's called, has the 3 chains with the rings at each end . They work but as Don says ,slow . I much prefer a simple 5/16 chain with a slip hook to cinch around any stump or root, way faster, holds better and weighs much less

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #8  
Good tool for under 4" trees
BG-01.jpg
Best tool
20170823_131148.jpg
For hill sides and areas to dangerous for tractor
BG-02.jpg

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #9  
You really need two people to use the tractor pull type brush grubber. Solo it's a lot of on and off the tractor, making it a tedious process.

/ Your thoughts on Brush Grubber products #10  
I have a Brush Grubber. As others have said, it works best with 2 people.

For "hand pulling", I have an "Extractigator". It works great on stuff up to 1.5" or so. I use it on Honeysuckle.