YouTube plowing set up video

/ YouTube plowing set up video
If you watch the original video from "(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure)" you can select other videos the same team has made. Disking, Harley rake, auger etc. Actually quite useful to see how these various implements work and to give you a basic idea of how to do it.

At the end of each video the demonstrator likes to talk trash about imported food and his little diatribes are kinda cute though not terribly accurate (ie we don't get half our food from China).

/ YouTube plowing set up video #4  
He woulda been run out of the field by my dad or granddad setting a plow "nose down" like that. Take a close look at the back end of the plow as it moves along. Notice how the landslide it tilted up in the back in relation to being level with the bottom of the forrow. Ain't supposed to be that way..... A plow SHOULD be running LEVEL side to side and fron to rear as it works. In anything short of gunpowder dry ground, the plow woulda been heading for China with that sort of attitude.

Good place to buy Leinbach implements though..... I've bought a couple items from them. The free shipping is a deal MAKER!

The BEST instructional I've ever seen on setting up a plow is the original owners manuals that came with plows back in the day when they were still the primary tillage tool on almost every farm in America. For all intents and purposes, plowing is a lost art today.

/ YouTube plowing set up video #7  
The BEST instructional I've ever seen on setting up a plow is the original owners manuals that came with plows back in the day when they were still the primary tillage tool on almost every farm in America. For all intents and purposes, plowing is a lost art today.

Even a number of the old tractor owner's manuals had sections on plowing. The manual for the Ford 8N is an example.

/ YouTube plowing set up video
A plow SHOULD be running LEVEL side to side and fron to rear as it works.

I'll keep that in mind.

As Ford plows are no longer available except used, and there are not that many for sale locally here, I'm looking for an alternative. I cannot easily judge the quality of restoration via internet so am hesitant to buy a used plow sight unseen (and honestly I wouldn't know really what to look for anyway). What do you think of the Leinbach plows? They seem to be copies of the Ford design.

/ YouTube plowing set up video #9  
I'll keep that in mind.

As Ford plows are no longer available except used, and there are not that many for sale locally here, I'm looking for an alternative. I cannot easily judge the quality of restoration via internet so am hesitant to buy a used plow sight unseen (and honestly I wouldn't know really what to look for anyway). What do you think of the Leinbach plows? They seem to be copies of the Ford design.

The Lienbach plows use wear parts that are SUPPOSED to fit Ford plows. So, I'd supposed they copy a Ford plow somewhat. That said, I took a Lienbach 2-bottom plow in on trade for a mower a few years ago. I had a 3X14 Ford 101 and a 3-bottom 416A John Deere plow that shared time behind a 60 HP JD tractor I own. They both pull fairly easy behind that tractor. I hooked the 2X14 Lienbach to the Deere and it pulled like a boat anchor. I didn't have it around long enough to evaluate the reasons why it was so hard to pull. Not a bad plow for the money though.

/ YouTube plowing set up video #10  
I have the same plow they show in the video. After setting it up it pulls great. The manual that came with the plow has the setup instructions. They are very easy to follow but it seems in the video that they didn't follow the instructions.

Solo