z turn advice

Frankenkubota

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
First of all, i know there is a thread about zturns but after reading it for 2 weeks, i can't find it. I've searched etc. I'm not good at this kinda thing...at all, a man needs a maid.

Sorry.

I just found a virtually new Gravely Z turn, zt xl, 52 inch, kawi motor. 10 hours, 6 months old, 2021 model.

The guy bought it and wants to go back to his old fashioned lawn tractor. I really can't question his motive, true or not, no way to know. That's part of buying used. He assured me it will remain under warranty.

I can say that ......... i bought a full sized van years ago. Had the captains chairs etc. I hated it and sold it in 9 months so, i guess it happens.

They retail at about $5500 +/-. He's selling at $4500 but has told me he can make me a pretty good deal. I'm thinking i can buy it for $4K.

Any comments re gravely in general and this deal specifically?

Thx in advance!

Hay Dude

Tractor
Case-IH, Massey Ferguson & Kubota
Strictly from an “investment“ standpoint, sounds like you’d be fine. Way ahead of the same purchase if it were new. Id want to make a call to the local dealer and verify the warranty is valid and poke around to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid to it (run it out of oil, dust the air intake, etc)

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
If you contact the dealer about the warranty transferring, you might want to consider having him give it a good inspection...Might be $100-150 well spent.

I would buy it for a saving of over $1000.

stevem5215

Platinum Member
Tractor
Steiner 420 - Black Craftsman Pro 24hp - Simplicity 48 ZT-2500 - Simplicity Citation XL 61" - Chainsaw CS-5720
The Simplicity dealer near me is also a Gravely dealer. He had some in the showroom when i was looking at mine. He said they are very good machines and other than parts for them are crazy expensive he said they have a good rep. No suspension on it though. That might have been why he decided to sell. A ZTR can be a bumpy ride on a bumpy field. That's why i bought the Simplicity Citation XL instead. Full suspension so you can cut at full throttle!

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 with BH FEL, Kubota L4400 HST with FEL, Polaris Ranger, BCS 720
I'm not familiar with that particular mower but maybe the guy is in the same boat as me. I recently bought a kubota zg222 from a friend and sold it pretty quickly. Main reason is it was so incredibly dusty that I hated using the machine. I went back to my old rider too.

metalbender

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1742
A good deal depends on your application. Is your property a fine lawn or repurposed pasture? Mine is the latter. I replaced a forty year old Deines with a Toro Titan 60 inch with MyRide seat suspension. Never going back to a regular rider or ZT without some form of suspension. MyRide is like mowing while riding in your recliner.

MoKelly

Top Poster Of Month
Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
I’ve had Gravely and they are nice machines. I’d still have Gravely but the dealer closed and the next closest dealer is too far away.

Have you driven it and listened to the engine? If it sounds fine, drives fine and the motor oil and hydro look good, I’d verify the warranty (as recommended above) and feel pretty good about the deal.

Good luck.

MoKelly

DMW

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
Tractorhouse shows $4200-$4500 new. What options made it worth $5500?

OP
Frankenkubota

Frankenkubota

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Tractorhouse shows $4200-$4500 new. What options made it worth $5500?
just checked and you are right, lowest i saw was about $4200. The ad also said, ship for as low as $900. I have seen them retailed for the low $5000 range.

Many thx. I'm going to shop the local Gravely dealer today and make a decesion.

I appreciate all the advice.