Z655 54” HC belt/pulley covers

/ Z655 54” HC belt/pulley covers #1  

feetr2c

Anybody else have any problems where the deck belt wears through the pulley covers over time? I notice there’s a lot of “flapping” in the belt. I noticed that the first day I got it. The dealer says it’s normal. My first deck belt lasted 270 hours. Put on a brand new OEM belt and that flaps too.

/ Z655 54” HC belt/pulley covers #2  
I leave those covers off, makes it easier to blow off the mower deck after each use so there isn't a build-up of debris under those covers.
May not look as nice, but lasts longer.

Also link to a video that may help your situation.

/ Z655 54” HC belt/pulley covers #3  
Yeah remove covers. Only problem is the potential for a stick or other stuff getting in and popping the belt is increased.

/ Z655 54” HC belt/pulley covers #4  
Yeah remove covers. Only problem is the potential for a stick or other stuff getting in and popping the belt is increased.
Yep, but just had that happen once in 35 years. Aggravating when it happened.

/ Z655 54” HC belt/pulley covers #5  
Preface this that I don’t have your mower. But, my 2305 has a 54c deck. Had the same issue. Took covers off. First 8 years I changed the belt 3 times because they stretched to the limit of the spring tensioner an would flip off. 4 years ago I added a stationary 6” idler. No more flapping. Still on the same stretched out belt. Now I have 2 extras if it does break. Again, don’t know if this could be done to your deck.