ZD 1211 Tires Change Question

/ ZD 1211 Tires Change Question #1  

PatentGuy

Tractor
LX 2610
Is anyone aware of a source for more aggressive tread pattern tires for this ZT? Would like those available for a Bad Boy for example, but due to Kubota's 2" taller rim nothing seems available. I presume I could buy "normal" rims with the desired tread pattern tires which would result in the same diameter or close, and probably a smoother ride as more sidewall and less rim, but quite a pricey way to go.

Thanks!

/ ZD 1211 Tires Change Question #3  
The zd1211 had a 26X12.00-16 tire, and there are not a lot of options on tire replacements other than regular turf.
I ended up putting the chevron tread tires on my zd326, which has the more available 26x12.0-12 size.

/ ZD 1211 Tires Change Question
I have found nothing but turf, no problem to find many options for the shorter rims.

/ ZD 1211 Tires Change Question #5  
I imagine the ride on the low profile tires must be pretty rough. Hopefully K improved the seat suspension at the same time.

The seat is extremely nice. Our yard/field is quite rough in places and ride is ok, but first zt so little to compare to. The issue is traction, but in addition to the ez glides I do believe that 4" less rim would have to improve ride. Would also like to switch to air filled fronts from what I read on internet, but that requires a deck height adjustment due to smaller diameter. Just haven't gotten into it yet.

/ ZD 1211 Tires Change Question #7  
I fluid filled my rears 90% full.
A lot better ride & way more traction.
I wouldn’t try this on lesser machines with pumps at each wheel tho.

kubota went to 16” rim diameter for less sidewall compression preventing scalping when hitting holes.

I mow @ 3.5” but you can’t go by the #’s on dial as their only for reference & not actual blade height off concrete floor.

Last edited:
   / ZD 1211 Tires Change Question #8  
I can't tell a difference in ride quality between solid and air filled front tires. My zd326 has air and the zd1211 has solid.

I haven't had the opportunity to fully evaluate the Chevron tread filled rears I put on the 326 this past summer. Hopefully it will be my steep terrain machine next season.

Would be great to hear how the chevrons and fill works out and thanks for your experience regarding air vs. solid fronts.

I asked the dealership about filling the rears and he said you didn't want to do it as it had broken some machines. I presume they wouldn't warranty, but do not know that.

Good to know Kubota had a reason for the taller rims other than just controlling the tire market, but for my use s couldn't care less about scalping but could certainly benefit from some more traction.

/ ZD 1211 Tires Change Question #10  
The ZD Diesels having a transmission will handle the fluid filled rears no problem but it does rob HP on hills with my old ZD1211 3cyl that I sold.

I also fluid filled both my ZD1511 4cyl Turbo 72” mowers.