Zero turn thoughts on common models

/ Zero turn thoughts on common models #11  

ZTMAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
The mower brands you listed all have their following and are good brands, assuming you have good dealer support.
Whichever one you pick, just make sure it has a suspension seat or suspension platform, and enough hp.
There are a lot of under powered units out there.

I used to mow eight acres before we downsized. Used three different ZTs while I owned the property. The one I liked the best was a Scag Cheetah with a 31 hp Kawi. 61" deck.
Had a JD 830A. Was a good mower, but I failed to get the suspension seat which was a big mistake.
I only have 1.5 acres to mow now and sold the Cheetah and got a TC II with a 26hp Kawi. 61" deck. Great mower.

I highly suggest to request the dealers bring the mowers you are looking at to your property for a demo. You will know after the demo on your property what mower is best for you

Last edited:
   / Zero turn thoughts on common models #12  

Maxify

Tractor
MF 825
May I offer my Ferris IS2600Z into the discussion?
You've got hills? This thing has full 4 wheel suspension.
Now granted, I saved up for a number of years for this one but
they do offer many mowers in their line-up for around you price point.
It feels like mowing in your easy chair at 10 mph.
I let my neighbor use mine just once & he had one (IS2000Z 61") the
next week. I think he paid around $7K.

/ Zero turn thoughts on common models #13  

Tinhack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3910, John Deere 420C, Kubota G32XKS, IH 2606, Bad Boy Maverick-60"
I just picked up my 2021 Bad Boy Maverick two weeks ago. It still has the break-in oil in it. Been too cold to mow more than just the immediate yard. :)

I got mine at Tractor Supply but if I had it to do again, I'd look for a "dealer". TS did a lousy job of assembly/setup. The ROPs was mounted backwards and rattled worse than my 1925 Model T. It didn't help that I had a bad taste in my mouth over the Mini Bike I bought there two weeks earlier. Similar assembly errors on that too. They must use high school shop class dropouts to do their wrench work. :(

/ Zero turn thoughts on common models #15  

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Scag Tiger Cat, 61", Kioti CX2510
Scag Tiger Cat with a Kohler 27hp and the suspension seat. If I were buying one now the only thing I'd change is going with an EFI engine. Mine has never been to a dealer but if it did have to go I'm guessing it'd be behind ALL the lawn care companies who make a living with these machines.

/ Zero turn thoughts on common models #16  

BoylermanCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana R2844, Hustler X-One
If you have a Hustler dealer near you, check them out. They built the first zero turn 50+ years ago. They are all made in USA (Kansas) and my experience is they provide excellent service and warranty work. My 60" X-One will mow 6 acres an hour, if you can mow at full speed. I have an air ride seat and front suspension, so I can mow fast, but still not full speed. I mow 5 acres and went from 5 hours with my lawn tractor to 90 minutes with the zero turn.

/ Zero turn thoughts on common models
OP
B

BigBlue1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD: 2520 & x758
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions!

Rob

/ Zero turn thoughts on common models #19  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
I have a used 2015 Scag Turf Tiger purchased used 3 years ago with Cat. 28 hp. 330 hrs. because I wanted a diesel but had to drive 3.5 hrs. each direction to purchase it because they don't come up very often.

/ Zero turn thoughts on common models #20  

brokeasajoke

Bronze Member
Tractor
320dtc
While it does not have suspension my Gravely pro turn 252z has been bullet proof since 2008. Blown fuse that was a fluke, flat tire, and needle and seat not sealing in carb causing fuel to continue flowing. I'm going to blame that on the cheapo fuel filter I used that let trash by. That's all my trouble since I purchased it.