Price Check ZG-23 Pricing

/ ZG-23 Pricing #1  

Will_C

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560, Toro 52" and 60" ZTRs, Kubota RTV 900
I had been planning to buy a ZTR next spring, but my Kubota salesman called this morning and told me about a 0 down, 0 interest, 0 payments until 4/1/05 promotion Kubota is offering now. He also mentioned a price of $7200. This dealer had been listing the units for $7800 all summer. At the Empire Farm Days that I attended yesterday, the machines were stickered at $8200. Carver Equipment has them listed for $6400. Here is my question: what would be the price that I should try to get? I realize that taking advantage of the program would require me to pay more than a cash and carry deal, but how much more? I am stopping by the dealer tomorrow, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Will
P.S. Any feedback on these macihines? Iwould really like the diesel, but with the BX 2200 sitting in the garage, there has to be a time to put a limit on this silliness /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ZG-23 Pricing #2  
I looked at that ZTR yesterday. Looks like a very good machine. The desgn is certainly less "industrial" than a lot of ZTRs. I especially liked the easy deck adjustment and the shaft drive to the deck. The standard ROPS would be good to hang a good sun canopy on. Dealer told me the engines were made by Kohler for Kubota. My TX hill country yard has a lot of rocks that seem to grow when it rains so I have been looking for a very heavy deck (thicker than 10 ga.) I was quoted $6400 on the ZG20 and $7000 on the ZG23. I think the dealer would have come down a little.

/ ZG-23 Pricing
I agree about the dealer having to come down a little, but they won't. Just got home from talking with them, and they are stuck on $7200. I guess I am back to my original plan of dealing for one next spring.
I also wasn't impressed with the deck. It isn't as heavy as the one on my BX 2200.
Will

/ ZG-23 Pricing #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Carver Equipment has them listed for $6400. )</font>

Why don't you buy one from Carvers? Take a trip down south, spend the night at a hotel, buy it, then truck/trailer it home. Am I missing something here?

/ ZG-23 Pricing
I am not in desperate need of one, and now isn't the time for me to go and buy one out of state ( I coach high school football, and we start double practices next Monday.) I just thought I could get one at a discounted price, since as Neil said, it is the end of the season. My original plan was to buy one next spring, when I will have the cash. The 0% finance program caught my attention, and would have met my goal of buying without paying finance charges, as I would have paid it off at the end of the promotional period.
At that time, I certainly will entertain the idea of going wherever to buy one, especially at a savings of $800.
Will