Chains and Tire sizes

/ Chains and Tire sizes #1  

ChesapeakeBoy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota MX4800
I am looking to put chains on my Kubota MX4800. The tires size is 17.5L-24. The chains that I am wanting to get from TireChains.com only come in 17.5-25. The only dimensional difference that I see is that the 25 has a circumference of about 5-6" larger. Is this correct? SO I would have to cut the length down? I think I saw a post of some else doing this. Please advise.

I am wanting to put the European Studded on Tire Chains-Studded-Tractor vs a Duo-Grip V Bar. I have the studded on the front, and love the way that they fit and bite.

THANKS!

/ Chains and Tire sizes #2  
Too long is easy to fix. Too short is difficult to fix.

Go for it. :)

/ Chains and Tire sizes #3  
I am looking to put chains on my Kubota MX4800. The tires size is 17.5L-24. The chains that I am wanting to get from TireChains.com only come in 17.5-25. The only dimensional difference that I see is that the 25 has a circumference of about 5-6" larger. Is this correct? SO I would have to cut the length down? I think I saw a post of some else doing this. Please advise.

I am wanting to put the European Studded on Tire Chains-Studded-Tractor vs a Duo-Grip V Bar. I have the studded on the front, and love the way that they fit and bite.

THANKS!

I wonder what tires are 17.4x25? Thinking 17.4x24 are way more common. If not for a specific type tire, I'd almost say it started as a typo but then thought, having bought chains from this group before, that whatever the got from China may have been disproportionately sized. Mine were way too big. As Ovrszd states, grinder with a cutting wheel and a couple "quick links" starightened that out.

/ Chains and Tire sizes
Well, after a few private messages... and looking into the OFA EKO 9. I still like the look of the Studded chains in my initial link, but many have said good things about the OFA. They claim to need no modification, as they are the correct size. BUt they also were about $200 less... so we will see! With any luck, they should be here by the weekend!

/ Chains and Tire sizes
   / Chains and Tire sizes #7  
Good luck with those, hope they hold up good for you.
I was surprised by how much lighter the 9mm are compared to the 11mm.

/ Chains and Tire sizes #8  
Looking forward to a report.

/ Chains and Tire sizes
I have these on the front I love them.

IMG_20190207_193438497.jpg