Ford 7.3L Gas Engine

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #91  
With the simplicity of a pushrod, port injected overbuilt gas engine that has the torque of a previous generation diesel this could very well be popular. Particularly if mileage is good, not to mention without the sticker price bump of a diesel. I would look at it seriously.

Exactly my man! That is my hopes in the next 3-5 years. That this motor proves itself and is more affordable in the used market.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #92  
With the simplicity of a pushrod, port injected overbuilt gas engine that has the torque of a previous generation diesel this could very well be popular. Particularly if mileage is good, not to mention without the sticker price bump of a diesel. I would look at it seriously.

Agreed. I think it's a given the commercial market will really favor this engine, but I think Ford will be surprised how many retail customers will also opt for this engine. I have a lot of friends with their check books out, just waiting.... I will certainly take a test drive out of curiosity sakes, but will probably stay with my F150, as I don't really "need" a HD truck. But who knows, if it drives nice, and the price is right.. (big discounts unlikely in the first year...)

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine
I’m thinking this pushrod 7.3L motor will make a great crate motor too, especially with the classic truck crowd. It’d be sweet to swap one of these into an early 70’s F-250 High Boy.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine
You can now order Ford’s new 7.3L pushrod Godzilla motor with 10 speed trans on their Build and Price website for an extra $2045. They have the following descriptions:

7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8 Engine

Design a gas-powered V8 built for strenuous duty and you get the all-new, port fuel-injected 7.3L engine. Haul heavy loads day in and day out with commercial-grade durability, performance and efficiency. This “pushrod” V8 design optimizes low-end torque, and the variable-cam timing helps to optimize high-output power. And for the durability also required, the 7.3L features a new cast-iron block with four-bolt and cross-bolted main bearings plus a forged-steel crankshaft. Want the most powerful gas V8, rated at 430 hp and 475 lbs.-ft of torque, in a heavy-duty pickup?* This is it.

All Super Duty models (except the 6.2L V8 F-250) now feature a new standard Ford TorqShift 10-speed automatic transmission, engineered to optimize drive ratios and improve shift performance. You can choose from four selectable modes — Normal, Tow-Haul, Eco, Deep Sand/Snow and with the available Tremor Package, Rock Crawl mode.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #95  
Not me I'll take the 70's high boy with a fresh rebuilt 460 carb engine easy 400 HP 400 FTPDS . Build the engine for under $ 5000 $1000 fresh c6 and your good to go . If the 11 mpg throws you off go with a 6 banger. I hate computers. No business in a work truck. First thing that goes...:drink:

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #96  
Not me I'll take the 70's high boy with a fresh rebuilt 460 carb engine easy 400 HP 400 FTPDS . Build the engine for under $ 5000 $1000 fresh c6 and your good to go . If the 11 mpg throws you off go with a 6 banger. I hate computers. No business in a work truck. First thing that goes...:drink:
Wake up ... It's 2019. Those days are gone.

I'm very excited about this new 7.3 gasser!

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #98  
I too am excited about the 7.3 gas engine from Ford. I truly love its design. IMOP seems to be a near exact copy of an early GM LS engine platform only taken to a bigger block scale. I think the early LS platform engines "the ones before displacement on demand" are some of the of the best engines ever built. The early LS platforms were reliable while having a great balance of power (maybe not the highest hp available but enough hp) while usually exhibiting superior fuel economy over similar motors from the competitors. I still work 2 older LS motors for my uses and love em
I also like and the port fuel injection over direct injection. The heavy duty 10 speed should be nice for work and towing too. Can not wait to see how these things do on fuel as I have zero interest in a diesel for my uses. That said, I wonder if the heavier weight of the big block gasser will make the F250 super duty truck actually ride and handle a bit better kinda like many claim the current diesel rides a bit better than the current 6.2 in an F250 due to the extra engine weight up front? Frankly while I do not care for Ford's modular motors the 6.2 has proven to be well above decent but the ride and handling of the current F250's I have driven in the current F250's do not cut the mustard for me personally... I have zero desire to feel every bump in the rode...along with the ungainly handling on top of that. Can not blame it on the solid front axle either as the Ram's I have driven due not seem to suffer nearly as bad.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #99  
I hate carbs and distributors. And I have yet to have a computer failure despite buying new vehicles and keeping them for more than a decade.

My experience exactly!

My last carb/distributor was on my 1976 GMC van. Changing points/condensor/spark plugs every 10-15,000 miles, what a pain!
I much prefer the 100,000 mile service intervals on my rigs!

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #100  
I'm anxious to see some real world fuel economy numbers.