Case IH Celebrates Six Major Industry Awards
RACINE, Wis. — Case IH recently garnered six industry awards, a testament to its commitment to innovation and deep understanding of producers’ needs. Most notably, the Magnum 380 CVT earned the highly coveted TOTY® 2015 Tractor of the Year designation.
“Our company was very honored to receive the Tractor of the Year 2015 award,” said Jim Walker, Vice President, Case IH NAFTA. “Twenty-seven years of Magnum tractors means 27 years of approval by the toughest group of testers you can get: farmers in their daily work.”
A jury of 23 expert journalists determine the TOTY award winner. Features that contributed to the Magnum 380 CVT win include the continuously variable transmission, the easy-to-use multi-controller armrest, the new LED lighting packages and the innovative Rowtrac solution that uses a combination of rear tracks and high-tech, low-pressure front tires to provide greater traction and minimal soil disturbance compared with two-track machines.
Along with the TOTY award, five other Case IH products earned AE50 designations, marking each as one of the top 50 most innovative new products of 2014. A panel of international engineering experts named the AE50 award winners by identifying the products that best advance engineering in the food and agriculture industries. The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers organize the awards.
Winning products from Case IH include:
- The Precision Disk™ 500 disk drill: The award win recognizes the innovative intermediate wing hinge design, which allows the 50-foot and 60-foot model drills to provide narrow transport width without adding height.
- The Steiger® 620 HD indirect engine cooling system: In this independent low-temperature cooling system, each turbocharger stage of the Case IH FPT engine has its own optimally-sized cooling system. This gives the operator faster response under dynamic loads and allows the engine to manage after-treatment conversion efficiency in low-load and low-temperature environments.
- The Ecolo-Tiger® 875 disk ripper: To provide a high-yield environment for plants, this product eliminates soil compaction while sizing crop residue for nutrient release in sync with crop demands. It offers the widest weather window and is the first four-phase machine in the industry.
- The flip-up tall corn attachment for the 4400 series corn heads: This unique pivoting design attachment prevents loss of corn ears over the ends of the header when harvesting in tall stands of corn. An integral part of the end divider, it needs no tools to deploy so the shields can be quickly raised to help prevent ears from being tossed out of the header. It also incorporates the Case IH CornLouvers™, which ensure loose grain makes it into the combine.
- The Magnum Rowtrac tractor: With four points of ground contact, this product delivers more flotation, maneuverability and comfort than two-track alternatives. The longer wheelbase and exclusive high-flotation tires provide more traction with less compaction under load when compared with competitive MFD tractors. Additionally, the CVT split-throttle helps achieve peak efficiency regardless of operator experience, and the integrated AFS Pro 700 armrest control center serves as an interface for fleet management, performance monitoring, machine/implement control and precision farming functions.
“These accolades celebrate thoughtful innovation and putting producers first. It’s a winning combination, and one our customers have come to expect,” Walker said. “We are driven to provide the right amount of technology and iron to deliver productivity and profitability, and we will continue to design products that are ready to better meet the changing needs of today’s producers.”
Leave a Reply