A redesigned work group allows the new Bobcat® 324 compact excavator to reach farther, dig deeper and dump higher.
The new 324 excavator is a Conventional Tail Swing unit in the 1.5-ton operating class. Its boom cylinder is attached to the top of the boom instead of the bottom, giving it more protection from damage while digging. It also features a lighter-weight yet durable boom fabrication with cast pivot joints.
As a result, the 324 offers a maximum dig depth of 8 feet 6 inches, reach at ground level of 14 feet, and dump height clearance of 8 feet 8 inches — all of which are best in class.
The undercarriage on the 324 excavator hydraulically retracts to a width of just 38.6 inches for travel through gates and doorways, or alongside homes. It can then expand to 53.7 inches for greater performance. Overall height is just 85.5 inches.
A 13.9-horsepower, Tier 4 water-cooled diesel engine powers the 324, and two travel speed ranges are standard. Equipped with a hydraulic system similar to the larger Bobcat excavators, the 324 has impressive cycle times and breakout forces to complete jobs faster. The system’s torque-limiting piston pump is able to sense and react to hydraulic loads, for better utilization of the engine’s torque curve.
The standard dozer blade features two self-storing extensions that provide a working width of 54 inches. Auxiliary hydraulics with boom-mounted, flush-face quick couplers make changing attachments easy.
Boom swing on the 324 excavator is 80 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right. Bobcat’s exclusive in-track swing frame keeps the swing castings and cylinders within the width of the tracks when digging in an offset position, helping the operator dig flush against an obstacle.
A TOPS/ROPS canopy with comfort seat, retractable seat belt, cup holder and armrests is standard. An enclosed cab with heat is optional. Available attachments include grading and trenching buckets, an augur, a hydraulic breaker and a hydraulic clamp.
QuickLook: 324 compact excavator
* New cylinder-over-boom design protects boom cylinder from damage.
* Undercarriage hydraulically retracts to permit access through narrow gates and doorways.
* Hydraulic system senses and reacts to hydraulic loads for better utilization of engine torque.
* Two-speed travel is standard.
* Standard dozer blade features two self-storing extensions.
* Auxiliary hydraulics feature boom-mounted, flush-face quick couplers.
* Exclusive in-track swing frame keeps swing castings and cylinder within track width.
* Enclosed cab with heat is optional.
* Operating weight is 3,428 pounds.
* Tail swing over the side is 15.3 inches.
* Arm breakout force is 1,778 lbf. and bucket breakout force is 3,620 lbf.