IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME!

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #11  
They are elite tractors. However, until they are prolific, have much more local support, and are more price competitive, they aren't a brand killer.

They're coming; of course farms have to continue existing to buy new equipment.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #12  
A neighbor used to sell them at his dealer maybe 15 years ago. The main thing I remember was how fast they went on the road and all the electronics.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #13  
I have noted:

With all the agricultural/ social protests in Europe in the recent year. With so many tractors parading and blocking etc. in a show of solidarity, One sure sees a LOT of Fendts in the midst!

They don't appear to be rare or exclusive over there.

n.b. lots of upscal J-D's also.

Ag is big business!~

Buy once, cry once ;-)

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #14  
=SNIP -

Good thing AGCO bought them 25 years ago. They knew quality when they saw it. They are the “Mercedes Benz of tractors”. Actually, probably much better.

Mercedes makes fine machines and better than fine diesels - just look how many commercial vans are now the Mercedes "Sprinter" diesels. They go forever.

But good as the Sprinters are - we have one - they still haven't killed off our domestic brands. If anything they have increased the sales of similar Ford, Dodge, and GM small vans.

I expect the same will happen with FENDT vs JD & Kubota

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #15  
Everyone in my area is switching to them. I just bought a 300HP AGCO/Challenger off a guy that bought (2) 900 series Fendts.
They cost him almost 1 million dollars (about $450,000 each)

I thought I spent a lot buying his poor old $77,000 Challenger LOL

Their quality and workmanship is insane. So much attention to detail. German made Man & Deutz diesels. Fendt transmissions, rears & braking systems. Advanced electronics. These tractors are truly push-button effortless operation, but heavy built quality. 3 year 3,000 hour warranty and a 48 hour replacement tractor warranty! (if they can’t fix your tractor in 48 hours, they bring you a replacement tractor the same or better than yours).

We have one of the biggest dealers in my area, so they are well supported. My dealer has over 50 million dollars of Fendts on their dealership lots.

Good thing AGCO bought them 25 years ago. They knew quality when they saw it. They are the “Mercedes Benz of tractors”. Actually, probably much better.
The closest Fendt dealer to me is over 130 miles away so they are a no sale for me. Besides, I'm not looking for a new tractor anyway. If I was, it would not be them, but by the same token, not a JD either.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #16  
Mercedes makes fine machines and better than fine diesels - just look how many commercial vans are now the Mercedes "Sprinter" diesels. They go forever.

But good as the Sprinters are - we have one - they still haven't killed off our domestic brands. If anything they have increased the sales of similar Ford, Dodge, and GM small vans.

I expect the same will happen with FENDT vs JD & Kubota
Ever bother to look underneath your 'Sprinter' van? Look hard because there is no frame. They are all welded together Unibody construction so don't get in an accident with it because the repair costs are astronomical. How do I know? I know because the outfit I retired from had a pai of them for parts delivery and one got in a wreck and because they also had a repair shop they decided to repair it themselves and it turned into a nightmare cutting it apart and welding it back together and I got to watch and it was ugly.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #17  
The closest Fendt dealer to me is over 130 miles away so they are a no sale for me. Besides, I'm not looking for a new tractor anyway. If I was, it would not be them, but by the same token, not a JD either.

I'm under the distinct impression you'd go to your local Kubota dealer. 😄

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #18  
Ever bother to look underneath your 'Sprinter' van? Look hard because there is no frame. They are all welded together Unibody construction so don't get in an accident with it because the repair costs are astronomical. How do I know? I know because the outfit I retired from had a pai of them for parts delivery and one got in a wreck and because they also had a repair shop they decided to repair it themselves and it turned into a nightmare cutting it apart and welding it back together and I got to watch and it was ugly.
Anyone can make a case for anything. I'd say that how it is repaired after an accident has little to nothing to do with how well the engine and drivetrain works normally.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #19  
One other thing to keep in mind at least around here and that is, 99% of the commercial farmers here are all running JD equipment and are 'married' to JD so they won't be purchasing anything else, anyway. Never seen a Fendt here and probably won't either. No way with the nearest Fendt dealer being so far away that any of them would even consider buying one or leasing one for that matter. JD actually has 3 dealers within 50 miles of us. 99% of everything here is green and I expect that won't change no matter how good the warranty is. All has to do with dealer location and parts and service availability. Keep in mind that all new tractors are T4 final and ECM controlled, consequently, for most issues other than very routine maintenance, dealer intervention will be required.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #20  
I'm under the distinct impression you'd go to your local Kubota dealer. 😄
I do because that is what I own, besides, I work there part time anyway....:giggle:

Finally, I'm not in the market for a new or used machine anyway. What I own will be just fine until I'm no longer in the need for them.