2015 Boomer 47 won't start

/ 2015 Boomer 47 won't start #1  

BoomerHusker

Tractor
Boomer 47
My Boomer 47 was working fine a couple of days ago and then sputtered and stopped. Wouldn't start after that. Let it sit for a bit and then it started and ran for a bit longer and did the same thing. After it stopped this time it wouldn't start again. I went through a number diagnostic steps below and sometimes the glow plug light would come on and stay on or not come on at all. Either way it wouldn't start. It wouldn't even try to engage the starter. Here's what I've done so far:
  • Oil and Transmission Oil level within range, oil level was a bit high.
  • Battery checked, voltage ~13.0, CCA 780
  • Negative ground cleaned and checked
  • Ignition switch checked and is working correctly
  • Glow plug relay checked. Relay cycled with 12v applied. Doesn't look like 12v is getting to the relay even when the ignition switch is on
  • Checked safety switch interlocks. PTO, parking brake, seat switch. Is there something I'm missing?
  • Jumpered across the starter motor and it turned normally. I couldn't get the engine to turn over, because the started didn't engage when I jumpered across the motor.
There are a number of things I'm considering, but they all cost quite a bit:
  • Replace the Controller ($158) in the image shown in the image below. I think it controls a lot of the things I'm having trouble with. It is located under the left side of the dash.
  • Purchase a CNH DIAGNOSTIC KIT DPA5 ($270) from Ebay to help diagnose the problem
  • Have a tech come out and take a look at it. Planting season and they've said they can't come out for another month or so.

Really trying to avoid having a New Holland service tech come out. Anything I'm missing or suggestions you'd make?

Thank you!

PXL_20240519_172259444.MP.jpg

/ 2015 Boomer 47 won't start #2  
Is there water in your fuel. At least check the fuel bowl and see if there is any water.

Wouldnt hurt to try and jump it also. I know it says 13.0 voltage, but a boost doesn’t hurt.

/ 2015 Boomer 47 won't start #3  
Try pulling the fuel line before the fuel filter to check flow directly from the tank. If you get some flow which then stops or slows way down you may have crud in your fuel tank. Don't forget to bleed the air out of your lines when done checking.

/ 2015 Boomer 47 won't start #4  
The initial issue of sputtering and stopping almost sounds like it ran out of fuel, but that wouldn’t explain the electrical issues you are describing. In any event, since you didn’t mention that you have enough fuel, check that. I’m sure you did though…..

/ 2015 Boomer 47 won't start
I'll try to jump start it. I did have the battery charger on in with the boost 50 amp(?) setting, still wouldn't start. I'll also check the fuel lines. It had a full tank.

Thank you for your replies!