4300 rear 3-pt issues

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues #1  

Fly5150

Tractor
Deere 4300
I have a new to me 4300 that has an issue with the rear hydraulics. When I adjust the lever for lifting the 3-point, it will not respond until the lever is almost all the way up. Then it will raise up till it hits top, and then the engine bogs, until I slightly lover the lever. It will hold in a position, if I put the lever in just the right location.
In my searching so far it looks like either something in the RockShaft valve assembly, or adjustment issues with the linkage. Or both.
Any good suggestions on parts to just order, and then where to start when I tear into it?

Thanks
Dave

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues #2  
Last edited:
   / 4300 rear 3-pt issues
Thanks you for that link, Looks like I know exactly what I'm tearing into this weekend. I think the hardest part will be the adjustment of the arms to get everything moving smoothly again. Im thinking the tech manual will be a purchase today...

-Dave

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues #4  
Dave
Here is the component location from the tech manual. Item #8 is the feedback arm.
Shout back if you have additional questions..

Attachments

• 4300_rockshaft_components.jpg
    4300_rockshaft_components.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 111
   / 4300 rear 3-pt issues
so far I found one drift pin that was sheared off. Running to the store this afternoon and will see how it works once I get that fixed. Thanks!

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues #6  
Interesting.. any pics ?

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues
IMG_5932.jpg
Had to remove the cotter pin to get the linkage to move so I could one up the holes. Hardest part of the job was getting clearance for the drift to hammer the new pin in!
IMG_5933.jpg
Fixed the problem, and a slight adjustment on the linkage so it doesn't overload at full lift. All fixed up! thanks for the help!

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues #8  
Great to hear.. I recall having to replace a sheared pin in the PTO control lever.. similar tight location to drive out the old and in the new...

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues #9  
hi neighbor from mchenry il. the reason those pins break is linkage seazes up lube everything with a good penetrating oil and exercise it back and forth you will see it loosens up

/ 4300 rear 3-pt issues #10  
I have the same issue, having a hard time getting the shaft to free up and move, any recommendations or tricks, ? I would hate to put it all back and have the pin shear again,
IMG_0074.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 56