7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #1  

Balazar

Tractor
N/A
Has anyone made their own 7 blade trailer connector instead of buying the factory one that plugs into the factory wiring harness? What connector do you need to do this? here is an example of what I am talking about. TYM TRACTOR TRAILER SOCKET KIT

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #3  
Has anyone made their own 7 blade trailer connector instead of buying the factory one that plugs into the factory wiring harness? What connector do you need to do this? here is an example of what I am talking about. TYM TRACTOR TRAILER SOCKET KIT
That’s probably the Europe version , it’s not the US rv seven pin socket
My Mahindra has the Europe type on it, can get the mating plug on amazon

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector
It's just a 4 blade to 7 blade converter? That is all I need? I feel dumb. I also feel glad that I didn't pay $100 for one from TYM.

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #5  
That’s probably the Europe version , it’s not the US rv seven pin socket
My Mahindra has the Europe type on it, can get the mating plug on amazon
And if your getting a different version than what is common here it would be best to get a couple because I've had several plugs go bad.

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #6  
Tractors generally are equipped with a 7 pin plug not a 7 blade plug that is commonly found on pick up trucks. The 7 pin is commonly seen on semi trucks. Note that the stop and turn signals are separated on a 7 pin but combined on the right and left channel for the 7 blade. Also there is no trailer brakes on the 7 pin.
1715297253150.png

Below is the common 7 blade plug. Note the differences in wiring.
1715297338698.png

The other end on the 12396410000 kit that OP lists is not a standard 4 pin trailer plug. It is some other plug design. $100 is not a bad price from TYM compared to tracing wire, finding a matching plug to the harness and fabricating the loom. The problem is that @Balazar will need an adapter if trying to use a 7 prong tractor with a 7 blade trailer.
Below is an example of an adapter.

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #7  
And many of the tractors are wired the same as some foreign cars used to be and will need the converter for the tail/brake lights.
1715299919073.png

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #8  
You can buy the 7 round pin to 4 flat as well.

/ 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #9  
Tractors generally are equipped with a 7 pin plug not a 7 blade plug that is commonly found on pick up trucks. The 7 pin is commonly seen on semi trucks. Note that the stop and turn signals are separated on a 7 pin but combined on the right and left channel for the 7 blade. Also there is no trailer brakes on the 7 pin.
View attachment 868250

Below is the common 7 blade plug. Note the differences in wiring.
View attachment 868251

The other end on the 12396410000 kit that OP lists is not a standard 4 pin trailer plug. It is some other plug design. $100 is not a bad price from TYM compared to tracing wire, finding a matching plug to the harness and fabricating the loom. The problem is that @Balazar will need an adapter if trying to use a 7 prong tractor with a 7 blade trailer.
Below is an example of an adapter.
This is what my Mahindra (TYM built) has as a seven pin trailer connector, Europe style “Type N”
Not the same as the US round seven pin connector
Also the mating plug can be found on Amazon or fleabay for a few bucks, I paid 4-5 bucks from Amazon
If the OP has this “Type N” and wants to go to a flat four pin, he can get the connector and make an adapter for a few bucks
I can post what the signal pin outs are for my tractor are but not sure if you’re TYM would be the same

Attachments

• IMG_3345.jpeg
    IMG_3345.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
   / 7 Blade Trailer Harness/Connector #10  
Very common on the imported tractors;

1715356345828.png

1715356449525.png