Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?
Mine were spring loaded and not bad at all at ground level where the springs were the strongest. When they were half way up they got heavy.

Hit the gym lol

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #72  
I have pretty much decided to sell my perfectly good 10K Pequea mower trailer and go with a 17-20K deck over trailer for the mowers.
Problem is finding one with full width, expanded metal reinforced ramps, so I can load mowers one day, or a heavy skid loader the next day.
Most trailers over 12K have the stupid 1950’s era ladder ramps.

I'd trade my mega ramps back for those stupid ladder ramps any day.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #73  
You are the first person that I have ever heard say that, like anything else I'm sure there are others but mega ramps were a game changer on trailers to me, and tilt trailers are even a better fit for some applications.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #74  
What causes this opinion for you?

I have slide in ramps, so I don’t know about either version.

Last edited:
   / Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #75  
Mega ramps are ok most times, but suck at others…..like when the load is long, too long for the main deck.

My favorite ramp configuration is a split, full width, reinforced ramp with spring assist.

That way you can drive anything up the ramps, but retain more flat deck, instead of a beaver tail.
My close second favorite is mega ramps with beaver trail.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #77  
What causes this opinion for you?

I have slide in ramps, so I don’t know about either version.

Mega ramps are shorter, which causes the angle to be steeper. Also, the dovetail on my trailer is 1' longer than the same trailer with standard ramps (I lose a foot of flat deck and gain a foot of dove). This also makes the rear of the trailer hang lower and more prone to dragging on uneven terrain.

The steeper angle means I cannot load cars, vans, or small SUV's on my new trailer like I could on my last one with standard ramps. I'll have to carry ramps to back the rear of my truck onto now, to raise the front of the trailer and reduce the angle of the ramps.

Mega ramps are also much heavier. My trailer has two sets of springs per ramp, vs. only one needed for standard ramps. Also, all that weight takes away from the trailers payload.

Standard ramps can be removed and installed all by myself. Mega ramps are a 2-person job. I can, and have, had to remove my standard ramps in the past for long loads that didn't fit. I can also remove standard ramps and use them as ramps elsewhere, away from the trailer.

With mega ramps, I had to add snow plow guides to the rear of my trailer so I could see it when backing up empty. With standard ramps, the ramps are up to see.

On uneven ground, the width of the mega ramps makes it much easier to twist them when loading a heavy piece of equipment. This has not proven to be a problem, yet, but it's one piece of physics that applies that's always in the back of my mind when loading & unloading.

Mega ramps also hold more dirt & gravel in them. This is highly dependent on the manufacturers design of course.

There's only two benefits of mega ramps I can come up with at this time.
1) Loading tricycle tractors
2) Converting the dovetail into usable flat deck.

Yes, different manufactures use different designs. Yes, these are just my opinions.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #78  
Mega ramps are shorter, which causes the angle to be steeper. Also, the dovetail on my trailer is 1' longer than the same trailer with standard ramps (I lose a foot of flat deck and gain a foot of dove). This also makes the rear of the trailer hang lower and more prone to dragging on uneven terrain.

The steeper angle means I cannot load cars, vans, or small SUV's on my new trailer like I could on my last one with standard ramps. I'll have to carry ramps to back the rear of my truck onto now, to raise the front of the trailer and reduce the angle of the ramps.

Mega ramps are also much heavier. My trailer has two sets of springs per ramp, vs. only one needed for standard ramps. Also, all that weight takes away from the trailers payload.

Standard ramps can be removed and installed all by myself. Mega ramps are a 2-person job. I can, and have, had to remove my standard ramps in the past for long loads that didn't fit. I can also remove standard ramps and use them as ramps elsewhere, away from the trailer.

With mega ramps, I had to add snow plow guides to the rear of my trailer so I could see it when backing up empty. With standard ramps, the ramps are up to see.

On uneven ground, the width of the mega ramps makes it much easier to twist them when loading a heavy piece of equipment. This has not proven to be a problem, yet, but it's one piece of physics that applies that's always in the back of my mind when loading & unloading.

Mega ramps also hold more dirt & gravel in them. This is highly dependent on the manufacturers design of course.

There's only two benefits of mega ramps I can come up with at this time.
1) Loading tricycle tractors
2) Converting the dovetail into usable flat deck.

Yes, different manufactures use different designs. Yes, these are just my opinions.
Thank