Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,471  
Ah, "the news"! That makes you an expert, you watch TV news! You repeat what you have heard that agrees with your bias then state it as if it is first hand knowledge. You'd do better and get out of the basement into the sun and do something real not virtual.

The Please Please Please Get A Life Foundation can help you.

Animaniacs was a great TV show. Very educational! (Minerva Mink was my favorite)
No it does not make me an expert, it makes me informed. You mean to tell me that they lie? Or are you telling me that they tell the truth about one thing and not the other. News from around the world has run stories about this issue.

Lucky where I live I don't see many battery cars, I am more likely to get squashed by a hay bail that fell off a wagon. That did happen, but I was far enough back it was a non issue.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,472  
Did you bother to read them? I think not. Every one blames the driver and several simply jump on the Tesla Autopilot hate theme simply because a Tesla was involved:

"Washington State Patrol spokesperson Chris Loftis said the agency is still investigating whether the Tesla driver was using Autopilot" yet that didn't stop The Seattle Times from writing about it.
Naturally, just like the fires are not caused by battery vehicles right.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,473  
USA used to be the world's supplier of cobalt but then our Enlightened Globalist Leaders decided perhaps we should gift this market (and many others) to impoverished 3rd world economies! They will develop the market and rise from 3rd world status! Only, China moved in and took over. Holding Congo and other as virtual slaves. And we look the other way rather than resume our own domestic production.

We are slowly resuming lithium production. California has vast reserves, blocked by environmentalists. Arkansas has a vast reserve for which some processing is starting.
you might look into that again, but then as it is clear you don't trust news sources and published docs unless it lines up with what you feel, notice I said feel not think, I am not so sure you will bother.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,474  
EV subject came up yesterday and the adult kids of co workers are definitely onboard.

My administrator has 3 adult children... 2 youngest are elementary school teachers and the oldest teaches at Stanford.

The grade school Bolt and Tesla and University Toyota.

All schools offer preferred parking and free or low cost charging.

It starts young...
Yes the propaganda starts with manipulating the young.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,475  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,476  
EV subject came up yesterday and the adult kids of co workers are definitely onboard.

My administrator has 3 adult children... 2 youngest are elementary school teachers and the oldest teaches at Stanford.

The grade school Bolt and Tesla and University Toyota.

All schools offer preferred parking and free or low cost charging.

It starts young...
I wonder which vehicle young people would choose if schools offered preferred parking and low cost fueling of diesel vehicles :unsure: They would probably all be driving VW diesels getting 50 mpg.

I don't think it's so much that it starts young. People are being manipulated with their $$$ and convenience by the people in power. When the people being offered these perks are older, they will choose the same way.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,477  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,479  
The bottom fell out of the cobalt market for several reasons. The article below is why I commented that the data posted may be old. That was prior to several discoveries.

American Rare Earths owns about 8,000 acres of mining claims here – called the Halleck Creek Project – on a mix of private, federal and state land. The company announced promising results from exploratory drilling on Halleck Creek earlier this year, determining that there are about 5 million tons of rare earth oxides on their claims. This could make it the largest known deposit of these minerals in North America.

“We knew it was going to be big. We didn't know it was going to be a monster, in the good sense of the word,” said Mel Sanderson, North American president of American Rare Earths. “We've drilled to 150 meters so far, and it is consistently a rich, heavily concentrated deposit to depth.”

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,480  
The bottom fell out of the cobalt market for several reasons. The article below is why I commented that the data posted may be old. That was prior to several discoveries.

American Rare Earths owns about 8,000 acres of mining claims here – called the Halleck Creek Project – on a mix of private, federal and state land. The company announced promising results from exploratory drilling on Halleck Creek earlier this year, determining that there are about 5 million tons of rare earth oxides on their claims. This could make it the largest known deposit of these minerals in North America.

“We knew it was going to be big. We didn't know it was going to be a monster, in the good sense of the word,” said Mel Sanderson, North American president of American Rare Earths. “We've drilled to 150 meters so far, and it is consistently a rich, heavily concentrated deposit to depth.”
Did not see anything about finding cobalt there, just rare earth minerals (cobalt is not a rare earth mineral). Important find but can it be mined economically?
I may be wrong but unless it can be mined at a profit it won't happen. I live in mining country and the effort goes up and down depending on price and regulation.