Comparison Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #11  
Subcompact Ground Clearance:

It isn't just about row crops. Hay?

The higher and narrower the tractor, the more tippy it will be, and the lower and wider, the more stable. Especially an issue for hills. So there are benefits of the tiny tire tractors.

It is nice to be able to drive over small debris, but really I'm not driving over super tall stuff. And, it has been a lifetime ago since I plowed with a 2 bottom plow, and driving with one wheel in one of the ruts. Rototilling has different requirements. I've been driving a bit in mud lately, so some extra clearance is nice to keep from getting stuck.

Now, if one is doing a lot of bucket work, and perhaps a lot of forklift work, then there is no substitute for power and weight.

Anyway, there is no one size fits all, and it really depends on multiple factors in the person's environment.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #12  
Also, if one is doing rough mowing, then look at mower sizes and HP requirements before buying a tractor.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #13  
Those are all foreign made and comparable, as is almost all scut tractors now. LS and NH are the same. I would pick the closest dealer with the best reputation.
For future reference, Tractordata.com is a good source for info., although the website isn't the easiest to get to know. So, Google search the specific tractor then click on the tractordata link.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #14  
I bought a farm in Upstate NY, I have leased most of the acres to a nearby farmer, so I'm just looking to maintain the 5 acres around our house. The terrian is flat with some hills. I'm looking to use the tractor for mowing and plowing my driveway along with yardwork/ landscaping projects. The subcompact tractors I was considering were the LS MTl25, Kioti 2520, Mahindra 25L HST and the New Holland Workmaster 25s. I would have considered JD and kubota but there aren't dealers in my area and there also out of my budget. I'm also set on getting a new tractor for 0% financing. Does anyone have experience with these models and which do you think would be the best option. I do like the NH wm25s but I heard LS makes the same tractor.
Few here will recommend a subcompact category tractor for use on more than two (2) acres, three acres tops.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR
At least 30 HP, Check out Yanmar/Branson/ Kioti

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #15  
Dido on a bigger tractor.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #16  
It's your money, and if a sub compact is what you want, that's fine, but I'll throw my opinions in;
1) consider atleast one of the half size larger than Sub; along the lines of the RK25/TYM25, the Massey 1526, ect. The subs really do have very very low ground clearance, and even for 'yard work' the loader lift capacity is pretty dang low.
2) you said you are set on 0% financing; which is fine; but atleast ask what the payments over the same period of time, at conventional rate would be; it is often the same payment, or lower, because the 0% basically is pre-paymwnt of intrest; IE; $17,500 foe conventional vs $20,000 for 0%.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #17  
@Ricanrider a good starting place would be; make a list of what impliments you are going ro want to buy at some point. That's gonna go a long way to tell you if a Subcompact will suit you. There are certain things; like a 3 pnt post hole auger that is almost unusable with one; same with a grapple, or pretty much any front or back impliment that weighs more than about 400 lbs. It's not just weight either, it's width/length/height. Let's say you want to do garden stuff; probably can't straddle a raised bed row with a sub.

I'm not the guy to comment on snow stuff; but I don't know how a subcompact would do in 6-8" of the stuff; let alone if you had to go over a windrow of the stuff, or a drift or whatever.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #18  
Good luck on your search. I too wanted a sub compact tractor. I looked at JD, Kioti, and Kubota. I was pulling more towards Kubota as I already had an RTV. When I took a break from internet searching, and learning. Went to the dealers and the sub compacts just seemed so small. Like what can I really do with that?

So I just focused on the next size up tractors. There was really no downside to it. Believe what others have said about go bigger. I ended up going with the L2501. So glad I did because I found so many other things to get into that the smaller tractors would struggle with.

I also had a third function installed for a snow blade I bought. Then later was glad I did, don't really have the snow blade on, but bought a grapple. That is on probably 75% of the time.

Also keep in mind, if you do buy a smaller tractor, and later want to buy bigger, that can set you back even further. I did the 0% for 84 months. They also had $1000 off if you added an implement on the original sale. A $500 off Kubota day coupon if you went to this open house thing. So I also added the snow blade and the quick hitch.

Took me about 6 months before I realized I needed a box blade and a grapple. They also did 0% for 24 months on implements, so I did that too.

Definitely go out, sit, drive, have fun on your search. Ask for discounts, deals etc. If you are still set on a sub compact, go for it.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #19  
I bought a farm in Upstate NY, I have leased most of the acres to a nearby farmer, so I'm just looking to maintain the 5 acres around our house. The terrian is flat with some hills. I'm looking to use the tractor for mowing and plowing my driveway along with yardwork/ landscaping projects. The subcompact tractors I was considering were the LS MTl25, Kioti 2520, Mahindra 25L HST and the New Holland Workmaster 25s. I would have considered JD and kubota but there aren't dealers in my area and there also out of my budget. I'm also set on getting a new tractor for 0% financing. Does anyone have experience with these models and which do you think would be the best option. I do like the NH wm25s but I heard LS makes the same tractor.
As several others have pointed out, there is a huge jump in capability between subcompacts and compacts. Not so much in HP, as in the larger frame and weight of the compact. There is another even larger jump between compacts and utility size tractors. Usually that one is both HP, gearing, and frame size.
My own preference on small acreage is not to try to do mowing and tractor work with the same machine.. Choose a compact size tractor with a FEL, and add to that your choice of inexpensive mowers.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #20  
its not that subcompacts are bad its that the price is so close to a compact that there is very little reason (at least when i was looking), the place where a subcompact shines is if you have some tight spaces to maneuver in, My 5145 is like a bull in the china shop in tight quarters.