Comparison Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #21  
its not that subcompacts are bad its that the price is so close to a compact that there is very little reason (at least when i was looking), the place where a subcompact shines is if you have some tight spaces to maneuver in, My 5145 is like a bull in the china shop in tight quarters.
They are good for somethings; mowing, landscaping, easy on grass, easy to transport, easy to get on/off. They also aren't bad at other things too; and they have their place, but they do have some hard limitations.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #22  
Perhaps you can find something here that you want??
they have discounts of up to $3,500 depending on
which tractor you want and a 10 year warranty

willy

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #23  
I bought a farm in Upstate NY, I have leased most of the acres to a nearby farmer, so I'm just looking to maintain the 5 acres around our house. The terrian is flat with some hills. I'm looking to use the tractor for mowing and plowing my driveway along with yardwork/ landscaping projects. The subcompact tractors I was considering were the LS MTl25, Kioti 2520, Mahindra 25L HST and the New Holland Workmaster 25s. I would have considered JD and kubota but there aren't dealers in my area and there also out of my budget. I'm also set on getting a new tractor for 0% financing. Does anyone have experience with these models and which do you think would be the best option. I do like the NH wm25s but I heard LS makes the same tractor.

How many acres are you leasing? What's the chance you will stop leasing these acres and need a larger tractor?
How long of driveway are you plowing? This might dictate whether you want a cabbed tractor.
When I bought my tractor I remember reading "buy a tractor one size bigger than you think you need". I didn't heed that advice and bought a 33 hp and two years later sold that and bought a 54 hp.

Buy once, cry once.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #24  
The acreage vs tractor size always gets brought up; but what matters a lot more is what your going to do with it. Plenty if people m
keep up with 40 acres with a atv and zero turn; while others need/use 60 hp on a 5 acre piece.

You want to define your uses, your impliments, and your future plans. I dont think a sub compact is the right tool, given the snow issue, and the potential to want/need more ability in the future; But if your plan is 90% yard mowing, moving wife's flower pots, scoop of mulch, ect.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #25  
IMHO you will be greatly disappointed with a
sub compact

willy

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #26  
Tractors are a little like tattoos - people tend to start small, then get comfortable and later realize they really want / need more. If you’re starting from scratch (as in never had or used a tractor before) you do not appreciate what you’ll be able to do, what the range of attachments is and how much fun you’re going to have. If your lease plans change, you’ll probably outclass a tiny tractor real quick. And more owners try to do more (lift more) than their little guys are good for. Go bigger than you think from the start. You’ll never have too much tractor but plenty of guys I know have too little.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #27  
I'll double down on a couple bits of advice you've already been given, and add a bit from my own history.
Go bigger: moving up from the sub-compact to the compact will save you headaches in the long run
Buy your 5th tractor first--I really like the way he explained that
Shop the dealer--my continual piece of advice. Even if the machine might cost a bit more, good service and parts availability is worth it.

Let us know your choice and have fun with your machine.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #28  
Tractors are a little like tattoos - people tend to start small, then get comfortable and later realize they really want / need more. If you’re starting from scratch (as in never had or used a tractor before) you do not appreciate what you’ll be able to do, what the range of attachments is and how much fun you’re going to have. If your lease plans change, you’ll probably outclass a tiny tractor real quick. And more owners try to do more (lift more) than their little guys are good for. Go bigger than you think from the start. You’ll never have too much tractor but plenty of guys I know have too little.

Great analogy, and solid advice.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #29  
Figure out how much tractor you need then buy the next larger one.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #30  
I have a couple of thoughts. I only have 1 acre lot and started with a Kubota BX2370 with FEL, bucket, 60 inch mowing deck and 50" land pride tiller. I used it for mowing, snow removal, and tilling gardens. After 5 years I moved up to the Kubota B2601 with everything listed above plus a grapple. I chose the larger Kubota since it could handle snow better, plus I help my neighbors with tree removal when they need it. I also looked at JD initially but went for Kubota for 2 reasons. First, the JD was over $5K more than the Kubota at the time and JD locked you into JD implements. Just about any implements will bolt onto the Kubota.

It may sound like overkill to get the B2601 with only 1 acre of property, but I am glad I got the bigger tractor. I only wish I bought the B2601 first and saved some cash. As others have recommended, buy our 5th tractor first since they will last many, many years with proper upkeep.

Overkill in size for a tractor is a good thing. You do not want to be wishing you had more power later when you need it.