clutch?

/ clutch? #1  

joehinvt

Tractor
85 ford 4610
father in law used my tractor for 4 months..his church buddy brought it back to my house and parked it..went out today to use after it sat for a week and i can put it in hi or low range or reverse..but when i try to put it in gear it wont go!! i was able to force it into gear once and tractor crept forward..but it jumped out again and wouldnt go in again..i can put it in 1-4 no problem but THEN i cant get it in low-hi-or rev..put it in hi or lo..then i cant get a gear??? all the time the tractor is running...shut it off and it goes into range and gear every time!! tried adjusting to get more clutch..but no change!! what the heck is going on????? i need my tractor to unload wood!!! lol dont wanna do it by hand!!!!! thanks for any and all replies!! .....joe h

/ clutch? #2  
You are describing the symptoms of a stuck clutch. Do a search on this forum for "stuck clutch" and you will get plenty of ideas on how to unstick it,
Bill

/ clutch?
Thank you thank you thank you!!! after doing a search for stuck clutch I did exactly what I read about and everything is working beautiful, thank you again!!!!

/ clutch?
I added this app on to my phone so now if anything breaks while I'm on it I can get it fixed immediately lol

/ clutch? #5  
Joe, I have had a problem with the clutch on my 1920 sticking twice in the 10 years I have owned it. I now block the clutch pedal with the supplied wooden block EVERY TIME it is parked for the night. I attatched a zip tie that hangs off the key when it is in the ignition so it is not forgotten. The second time it happened was when I was on vacation and my dad used the tractor and did not know about the block. Bill C