DIY How To Add Tractor Tire Ballast Weight with video

/ DIY How To Add Tractor Tire Ballast Weight with video #1  

BaznastyDave

Tractor
Kioti CX2510
A while back I had both valve stems blow out due to RIMGUARD dissolving the cores glue in the stems and lost my ballast. I replaced the stems with Colby Valves and then I used windshield washer fluid to add tire ballast back. I paid $2.09 a gallon for the fluid in spring of 2024. You could also use engine coolant or antifreeze for ballast. I could not get RIMGUARD ballast anywhere close to me.

Use this chart to calculate how much fluid you need

Drill pump and hoses

Male 1/2" hose end needed

Tire valve adapter kit

Tire valve core removal tool

/ DIY How To Add Tractor Tire Ballast Weight with video #2  
OST.....

/ DIY How To Add Tractor Tire Ballast Weight with video
I dont know what OST means.

/ DIY How To Add Tractor Tire Ballast Weight with video #4  
Who installed the Rimguard? Was it your Kioti dealer?

Who installed the Rimguard? Was it your Kioti dealer?
Yes, the nations largest Kioti dealer in Tennessee. I e-mailed them about it but didn't do much good.

/ DIY How To Add Tractor Tire Ballast Weight with video #6  
Yes, the nations largest Kioti dealer in Tennessee. I e-mailed them about it but didn't do much good.

I presume it was using a standard valve stem? That's disappointing, they know better than that.

I presume it was using a standard valve stem? That's disappointing, they know better than that.
Yes, rubber stems with Rimguard ballast. Took about 3.5 years to dissolve the glue, but they finally let go. The video below explains it all.

/ DIY How To Add Tractor Tire Ballast Weight with video #8  
Yes, rubber stems with Rimguard ballast. Took about 3.5 years to dissolve the glue, but they finally let go. The video below explains it all.

I'd be curious to see if machines are still leaving their lot with improper valve stems for use with liquid ballast, Rimguard in particular.