DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series

/ DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #11  
Does these stock swivel yokes have bushings OR bearings ?

I understand the bolt & jam nut keeping them from coming apart & the grease fitting

I am very interested in this and plan on doing similar conversion but it will have to be a winter time project!

/ DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #12  
I am very interested in this and plan on doing similar conversion but it will have to be a winter time project!

I’ll keep you posted but it’ll be a few more weeks before I can get it started.

I messaged you

/ DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #13  
IMG_3773.jpeg

I just ordered this implement spindle kit

/ DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #14  
the spindle kits came in.
I’m still waiting on the F3710 mower.

The ZD1511 front tires & axle bolts are in too.

73689571511__C3984504-FEB0-4B6B-91FF-84CC58BD3FA8.jpeg

This extra weight on deck frames & much larger diameter tires should help bouncing a good bit.

Last edited:
   / DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #15  
the spindle kits came in.
I’m still waiting on the F3710 mower.

The ZD1511 front tires & axle bolts are in too.

This extra weight on deck & much larger diameter tires should help bouncing a good bit.

Interesting, thank you for sharing!

I ordered similar trailer hubs yesterday and will order 15" Kubota Z front wheels later today. Just getting bits and pieces to do this conversion later this year as time permits.

I hope you don't mind me asking question or two?

Looks like the ones you got have fairly large diameter shaft behind the inboard bearing & seal (The ones I ordered will have 1-1/2" diameter), are you going to machine down the diameter or make new suitable "strut arm bushings" for them?

I am considering making all new LH & RH "struts" as they call them instead of modifying original, and just leaving the originals as is & store them.
Not sure about that yet?

My trailer hubs:
Hubs2.jpg

LH strut, item 22.
Strut.jpg

Last edited:
   / DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #16  
YW (y)

My hub shafts are 1-5/8” diameter & 6.8” long.

I’m planning on having them machined down to 32mm that the original poster said.

I hadn’t received my new mower yet to verify that.

It may be just as easy to make new frame holder / struts as U say.

Forgive me if I’m not using the correct terminology.

This newer F3710 has diff yokes & shafts than the older ones in your parts illustration.

/ DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #17  
IMG_0581.jpeg

These new style doesn’t use spacers anymore to adjust.

The shaft is pinned at the correct height so it doesn’t spin in the frame eyes.

they swivel right at the yoke with a bolt & jam nut keeping them from separating & NO Bushings best I can tell.

Cheesy setup imo

Look at my previous pic a few post back of the new style Assembled.

Last edited:
   / DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #18  
Keep in mind the frames will have to be raised the correct amount of height that the taller tires AND spindle hubs adds to the custom yokes.

The original poster used stock height lil short tires best I can tell.

/ DIY replacing worn out gauge wheel assemblies Kubota F series #20  
The hubs have not arrived yet, but according to the vendor and his photos the hubs have 4" bolt circle.

YW (y)

This newer F3710 has diff yokes & shafts than the older ones in your parts illustration.

As I recall the design was changed because some users had reported gauge wheel "wobbling" when traveling straight (which I have not noticed so far), and the new design has a spring loaded ball (item 030 below) in order to stop any wobble.

These new style doesn’t use spacers anymore to adjust.

The shaft is pinned at the correct height so it doesn’t spin in the frame eyes.

they swivel right at the yoke with a bolt & jam nut keeping them from separating & NO Bushings best I can tell.

Cheesy setup imo

Look at my previous pic a few post back of the new style Assembled.

There are still some thin spacers (item 100) for a fine adjustment if needed. There are two replaceable brass bushings (item 080)

Ball.jpg

Keep in mind the frames will have to be raised the correct amount of height that the taller tires AND spindle hubs adds to the custom yokes.

The original poster used stock height lil short tires best I can tell.

Yes the frames or struts as they call them in the parts drawings, need to be raised several inches if retrofitting with 15" OD wheels.

I am considering perhaps skipping mowing height adjustment all together since I have not had any reason to re-adjust the gauge wheel height after setting it to 3.5" cut over five years ago when the deck shell was replaced.

Other members may have different situation?

IMG_2704.JPG IMG_2711.JPG

Last edited: