Favorite diesel can?

/ Favorite diesel can? #91  
Maybe one of these would work?

Turbo Drain plate NPT.jpg

Last edited:
   / Favorite diesel can? #92  
For my gas equipment, I bought 4 of the VIP Racing gasoline jugs that are 3 gal size because as I get older, 5 gal will get harder to handle. They probably make them for diesel, too.

As for the sturdy steel fuel tanks, I have bought two 5 gal ones at estate sales. But I really like the 3 gal plastic jugs mentioned above.

/ Favorite diesel can? #93  
My favorite is a square-ish jug like the VIP racing jugs, but the top is spring-loaded. I just drop the jug upside-down and all the diesel drains out in nothing flat.

Unfortunately its twin (I had two) slid into something else in the back of my truck and cracked - they're not particuarly impact-friendly - and dumped a gallon of diesel in the bed, what a mess. So now I baby the remaining one but still use it.

I purchased 4 of the wavian 20L jerry cans a few years ago (when they were "only" about 75 each), no worries about those leaking a drop even on a hot day. They don't drain as fast as the other can but they're good enough.

/ Favorite diesel can? #94  
   / Favorite diesel can? #95  
That looks a lot nicer than my barrel for not that much more money. Sure, the barrel is $10, but the nozzle, filter, pump, pallet, DIY headache, add up.

/ Favorite diesel can? #97  
For my gas equipment, I bought 4 of the VIP Racing gasoline jugs that are 3 gal size because as I get older, 5 gal will get harder to handle. They probably make them for diesel, too.

As for the sturdy steel fuel tanks, I have bought two 5 gal ones at estate sales. But I really like the 3 gal plastic jugs mentioned above.
Good suggestion, i.e. 3 gallon size VP Racing Fuel container. I went to snap up a couple of those BUT - the extra 'tax' of $9 for a hose plus another $5 for a hose bender, killed my interest. Perhaps you can recommend a place other than Amazon to buy them at a better price?

/ Favorite diesel can? #98  
If weight is the primary issue, what's wrong with just putting 3 gallons in a 5 gallon can? Not that much difference in storage space. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just use a cut down old 1gal milk jug as a funnel, and pour without any hose at all on the can.

/ Favorite diesel can? #99  
If weight is the primary issue, what's wrong with just putting 3 gallons in a 5 gallon can? Not that much difference in storage space. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just use a cut down old 1gal milk jug as a funnel, and pour without any hose at all on the can.
Did that for a while but what do you do keep 10 5 gal cans around 1/2 empty so you can fill your tractor/mower. It's all well and good when your healthy but try a dump any size fuel can into your tractor after rotator cuff surgery. It was about planning ahead and I am glad I did it. Also, 1/2 empty cans are not as safe when they are full. (managed to get one for gas also, long story)The tractor is worth how much? And I am going to screw around with cans. They are built slick doesn't get any easier.

/ Favorite diesel can? #100  
Was trying to address the issue of finding affordable 3 gallon cans mentioned in the post just before mine. No disagreement on the utility of having a 'proper' fuel tank with pump, if you need it and/or want to spend the money. Oh, and also have the means to move the larger tank; not all of us do. I've had a tractor for close to 30 years, but haven't owned a truck in at least 20. Don't burn enough diesel to have it delivered to a large tank, and I'm fortunate to still be in good enough health that I can lift the 5 gal cans, at least for now.